Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Horn honk when locking doors (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/271516-horn-honk-when-locking-doors.html)

Blue 4ever Runner 04-13-2019 10:02 PM

Horn honk when locking doors

Is there any way to stop the horn honk when locking the doors with a Toyota alarm in my 2019 4Runner? It's loud, unnecessary and annoying. Thanks!

Jemplyr77 04-13-2019 10:26 PM

Huh...mine doesn’t honk...it beeps.

flyrv9 04-13-2019 10:31 PM

I think that's one of the things that can be turned off via Techstream. Dealer can do it for you. Wait until your next service and see if they'll do it for free.

Bayou_Pro 04-13-2019 10:44 PM

Never heard the horn honk in a Toyota. Are you maybe referring to the high pitched beep or is it really sounding the horn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unsub1 04-13-2019 10:46 PM

I WISH my horn would honk when locking the doors. Hate the faint beep.

billnourse 04-14-2019 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unsub1 (Post 3271458)
I WISH my horn would honk when locking the doors. Hate the faint beep.

You and me both. Mine was stolen, and I am still wondering if it really locked when I pushed the button. I know I pushed the button, but I'm not sure I heard the one beep for locked or the two beep for unlock.

Does anyone know if there is a way to make the horn honk on locking?

Redsoxx1918 04-14-2019 09:15 AM

Carista

Charlievee 04-14-2019 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redsoxx1918 (Post 3271571)
Carista

That's what I used to turn off all carnival sounds.

unsub1 04-14-2019 10:50 AM

Yeah, I've always been able to double-check that was my truck was locked from inside the house before bed. I also can't hear the beep from behind the truck on blustery days. I'd just like the choice.

MossJenks 04-14-2019 11:55 AM

This plus the Carista app and command a large variety of things, including the lock/unlock behavior:

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Sca.../dp/B07CP5ZJVQ

cbreze 04-14-2019 02:02 PM

I don't mind the beep. I find the horn honking annoying when other people use it on their vehicles. Especially if the neighbor across the street comes home at 3 a.m. .sometimes I lock it from a distance or verify that it is locked from a distance and as long as I have line of sight I can see the lights flash. So I'm good.

Blue 4ever Runner 04-20-2019 09:58 AM

It was the horn and it was really annoying. The dealer said it could not be turned off. My son who used to install alarms took care of it. Horn will not sound now but I really don't care. The little "beep" is fine but when I leave for work in the morning that loud HONK was just too much. I felt bad for my neighbors even if they never complained.

Charlievee 04-20-2019 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue 4ever Runner (Post 3275139)
It was the horn and it was really annoying. The dealer said it could not be turned off. My son who used to install alarms took care of it. Horn will not sound now but I really don't care. The little "beep" is fine but when I leave for work in the morning that loud HONK was just too much. I felt bad for my neighbors even if they never complained.

So he cut the wires to the horn?

Blue 4ever Runner 04-20-2019 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlievee (Post 3275165)
So he cut the wires to the horn?

Yes. The horn still functions but will not honk with the alarm. The dealer added the alarm and remote start to seal the deal when I bought it. I didn't really want the alarm but he threw it in. The remote start would have been enough! He didn't know the horn would sound every time I used the fob and when he asked their technician he said there was no way to silence it.

Bayou_Pro 04-20-2019 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue 4ever Runner (Post 3275185)
Yes. The horn still functions but will not honk with the alarm. The dealer added the alarm and remote start to seal the deal when I bought it. I didn't really want the alarm but he threw it in. The remote start would have been enough! He didn't know the horn would sound every time I used the fob and when he asked their technician he said there was no way to silence it.

Sounds like they added an aftermarket alarm and didn't know how or care to fix it for you.