Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   For Sale: Vehicles (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/for-sale-vehicles/)
-   -   2004 4Runner 4.0 4x4 260k San Diego Old Man EMU Gobi Sliders LOTS MORE PRICE DROP (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/for-sale-vehicles/272425-2004-4runner-4-0-4x4-260k-san-diego-old-man-emu-gobi-sliders-lots-more-price-drop.html)

nytosc 05-06-2019 11:16 AM

2004 4Runner 4.0 4x4 260k San Diego Old Man EMU Gobi Sliders LOTS MORE PRICE DROP

Up for sale is my 2004 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4 with the 4.0 engine. I built this into a reliable, comfortable cruiser that is perfect for road trips, overland camping and off roading. Mileage is 260k- don’t let it scare you, this has been impeccably maintained. Over the past two years this has been on road trips all the way to Montana and down into Baja. I have never had a breakdown and would gladly hop in and drive across the country without a single worry.

MODS:
• Old Man Emu suspension; 884 up front with 895E in the rear (about 10k miles)
• SPC Upper Control Arms (about 10k miles)
• Energy Suspension lower control polyurethane bushings
• BFG K02 265/70R17 tires on all 4 wheels with spare. They have about 10k on them and are in great shape.
• Shrockworks bolt on sliders
• LED interior lights- incredibly bright great for camping
• Kenwood double din headunit with backup camera, Bluetooth etc. Installed to retain OEM JBL sound system with subwoofer.
• Custom wired in Iphone lightning cables (2x) and USB cable (1x)- great for road trips charging GoPros, iPads etc.
• Headliner mesh attic- great for throwing jackets up and what not when sleeping in back.
• 32” LED bar hidden up front. Wired to come on with fog lights (oem switch)
• Wired momentary switch that allows you to pop rear hatch from the inside- great for camping.
• Wired DPDT up-down switch that allows you to roll the window up or down while in the back. This is great for camping as well since you can roll the window up or down without having to crawl up to the front and put your key in the ignition.
• 12V always on- front and rear cigarette outlets are always on
• Key buzz disable- no more dinging key noise if the key is left in the ignition while door open
• Fog lights come on while the high beams are on.
• OEM V8 Transmission cooler (I have towed with the truck twice – a 2000lb trailer 25 miles to move)
• Gobi rear ladder
• Custom off road rack (Gobi copy) powdercoated with LOCKING attachment points for a HiLift, Jerry Cans as well as traction boards).
• Rear differential breather setup
• Weathertech floor mats
• Rear airbags
• 1000 Watt PURE SINE wave inverter (retail $1000)

I am probably forgetting a few other things

All maintenance is up to date- I am a freak about keeping up on that stuff. I have always used Mobil 1 and recently did differential fluids and a transmission fluid and filter change with OEM Toyota fluid. These 4Runners have a tendency to lose 4 wheel drive as the motors aren’t actuated often enough. I replaced the transfer case in this one with a low mileage unit so no need to worry there- it works great. The body is in good shape for a vehicle of this age and has some light scratches from off roading but nothing severe. The rear passenger door has a dent as well from an idiot in PB as shown in the pictures.

originalg00kster 05-07-2019 11:49 PM

GLWS! I am in PB as well, hope to see you around the neighborhood!

nytosc 05-12-2019 09:26 AM

Up top

nytosc 05-28-2019 09:31 PM

Price drop $10,500

South-O 4RnR 05-31-2019 06:50 PM

I'd be interested in the roof rack.