Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Rear Long Travel - Cantilever - 5th Gen (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/272464-rear-long-travel-cantilever-5th-gen.html)

krelnydelnky 05-06-2019 11:08 PM

Rear Long Travel - Cantilever - 5th Gen

Has anyone looked at this setup for the 5th gen runner? anyone know specs and if it would fit?

FJ CANTILEVER Rear Suspension

mattgeeee 05-06-2019 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krelnydelnky (Post 3284325)
Has anyone looked at this setup for the 5th gen runner? anyone know specs and if it would fit?

FJ CANTILEVER Rear Suspension

Subscribing to this...I've come across that same cantilever setup when I was looking for what to do with my rear and wondered the same.

krelnydelnky 05-06-2019 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattgeeee (Post 3284338)
Subscribing to this...I've come across that same cantilever setup when I was looking for what to do with my rear and wondered the same.

One of my buddies did a cantilever setup and it works mental. Im pretty sure he did this one, and wicked creations modified it a bit. Damn close to going full send into it.

mattgeeee 05-06-2019 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krelnydelnky (Post 3284346)
One of my buddies did a cantilever setup and it works mental. Im pretty sure he did this one, and wicked creations modified it a bit. Damn close to going full send into it.

Cantilever setups work great! You should definitely pull the trigger and do it so you can make me jealous, haha.
I always figured the fuel tank would be in the way but it looks like they kept it on the FJ. I wonder if you could get that FJ setup to work with the 4Runner...

It'd be awesome to have a rear that could keep up with the Camburg's front! :rockon:

honda250xtitan 05-06-2019 11:53 PM

Please do it. Cantilever kits are incredible. other than shocks through the cab i don't think there's another way to do a true LT rear setup.

canadian bum 05-07-2019 01:00 AM

It should work. The back of the 4runner isn't any shorter than an FJ. Obviously if you had KDSS it would have to go. And may need to modify the weld in structure but that is easy. Would be a sweet set up for sure.

krelnydelnky 05-07-2019 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadian bum (Post 3284375)
It should work. The back of the 4runner isn't any shorter than an FJ. Obviously if you had KDSS it would have to go. And may need to modify the weld in structure but that is easy. Would be a sweet set up for sure.

Thats what I think - my buddy had a 4th gen and it worked. sounded like a bit of modifying on the structure like you said, but damn, i think its doable. no KDSS so we're good there.

canadian bum 05-07-2019 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krelnydelnky (Post 3284378)
Thats what I think - my buddy had a 4th gen and it worked. sounded like a bit of modifying on the structure like you said, but damn, i think its doable. no KDSS so we're good there.

Yeah the hard part with pivot ratios and location is already done in this kit. A little bit of modification to get it up into place in the frame if needed is nothing. I'd say go for it if you're thinking about doing it.

krelnydelnky 05-08-2019 09:29 PM

Copy, gonna send it. We will see how it goes!

The_Green_Wang 05-08-2019 10:55 PM

There is a guy that has a 5gen that has cantilever, hes a famous guy lol let me see if I can find him, was on instagram

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

krelnydelnky 05-08-2019 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Green_Wang (Post 3285567)
There is a guy that has a 5gen that has cantilever, hes a famous guy lol let me see if I can find him, was on instagram

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That would be sick!

krelnydelnky 05-08-2019 11:58 PM

Gonna send on all the beef tomoro. Fox all around, bypasses, bumps and coilovers. Fingers crossed its all gonna work!!

honda250xtitan 05-09-2019 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krelnydelnky (Post 3285590)
Gonna send on all the beef tomoro. Fox all around, bypasses, bumps and coilovers. Fingers crossed its all gonna work!!

yassssssss

Aznwolf118 05-09-2019 10:19 AM

Ohh this sounds like a write up and parts list numbers.
which shop is doing your instal?

krelnydelnky 05-11-2019 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aznwolf118 (Post 3285714)
Ohh this sounds like a write up and parts list numbers.
which shop is doing your instal?

im buying the FJ kit from Wicked Fab - hopefully getting the order in on monday - theyve been busy. We will be doing the install! I will definitely take pictures and do a writeup!