Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Cargo Cover (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/273219-cargo-cover.html)

sLADe781 05-24-2019 02:23 PM

Cargo Cover

I have a 2018 4Runner Limited with the 3rd row option. I'm searching for a cargo cover and found an OEM one on eBay but the description says it is not suitable for 4Runners with a 3rd row. Anyone know if this is the case for all 4Runners where if you have a 3rd row then the cargo cover won't work? Or maybe it's just that particular listing?

Are there any aftermarket covers that someone can recommend?

Thanks in advance.

daytonaviolet 05-24-2019 03:50 PM

i would say yes it should work. here's a vid of a SR5 with third row and cargo cover. perhaps the seller is saying you cant use the cover while the third row seats are in use :jump:

fast forward to 5:25 :thumb:

Third row seats w/ cargo cover

Quote:

Originally Posted by sLADe781 (Post 3293873)
I have a 2018 4Runner Limited with the 3rd row option. I'm searching for a cargo cover and found an OEM one on eBay but the description says it is not suitable for 4Runners with a 3rd row. Anyone know if this is the case for all 4Runners where if you have a 3rd row then the cargo cover won't work? Or maybe it's just that particular listing?

Are there any aftermarket covers that someone can recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Slubgub 05-24-2019 04:32 PM

Have a third row and mine came with one. Not sure if there are different sizes. I never use it though because no place to put it when the third row is up.

sLADe781 05-24-2019 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daytonaviolet (Post 3293931)
i would say yes it should work. here's a vid of a SR5 with third row and cargo cover. perhaps the seller is saying you cant use the cover while the third row seats are in use :jump:

fast forward to 5:25 :thumb:

Third row seats w/ cargo cover

Thanks for the information and the link! Yeah, that actually makes a lot of sense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slubgub (Post 3293958)
Have a third row and mine came with one. Not sure if there are different sizes. I never use it though because no place to put it when the third row is up.

Great, thank you for confirming!

Bossman 05-24-2019 11:06 PM

The OEM Toyota Cargo Cover (PT31189100) fits all models of 2010 to 2019 4Runners.

Photos of retractable cargo cover installed.

Cargo cover and 3rd row seats?

factory cargo area cover

Raingler_Nets 06-07-2019 06:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We build a couple types and can also custom if you have something (like hybrid cargo net, cover, MOLLE comparable etc)
Extended Cover
https://raingler.com/collections/2010-newer-toyota-4runner-heavy-duty-cargo-netting/products/toyota-4runner-4th-and-5th-gen-cargo-cover

Jeppe 06-08-2019 10:10 AM

Do you make a cover that extends all the way to the 2nd row seats?

Seems like the factory cover leaves a gap there for the seats to recline.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raingler_Nets (Post 3302174)
We build a couple types and can also custom if you have something (like hybrid cargo net, cover, MOLLE comparable etc)

Raingler_Nets 06-10-2019 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeppe (Post 3302398)

We have done an extended version that ran down to the floor before as a custom piece. Let me know if you'd be interested in one, we can do.

Jeppe 06-11-2019 11:36 PM

Thanks, I plan to get something ordered up shortly (probably a cargo net but we'll see).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raingler_Nets (Post 3303368)
We have done an extended version that ran down to the floor before as a custom piece. Let me know if you'd be interested in one, we can do.

03_4x4Runner 06-18-2019 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeppe (Post 3302398)

This is what I did to extend my cargo cover to the 2nd row. I no longer Velcro it to the 2nd row seat but just let it hang. when items are pushed in it covers them fine and makes it easy to fold the 2nd row seats.

Tonneau cover, finished what Toyota started

johnbt 06-18-2019 06:01 PM

Am I the only one who uses a $4.99 tarp? It also doubles as an awning, tent, ground cover and privacy screen.

Blue Tarp - 7 Ft. 4" X 9 Ft. 6" Weather Resistant Blue Tarp

Daikon 06-18-2019 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raingler_Nets (Post 3302174)
Extended Cover
https://raingler.com/collections/2010-newer-toyota-4runner-heavy-duty-cargo-netting/products/toyota-4runner-4th-and-5th-gen-cargo-cover

Does this have "quick disconnects"?

Raingler_Nets 06-19-2019 01:22 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daikon (Post 3307874)
Does this have "quick disconnects"?

We can certainly do have some for this. Add a couple pair of the C109W hooks and it will.
Here's a few of a cargo net style if you don't need the hidden part of the Codura panel one.

jhguth 06-19-2019 08:32 AM

i use a black sheet, with just the stock tint it's dark enough that the black sheet disappears and you can't tell it's covering anything