Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   hybrid bumper choices (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/273297-hybrid-bumper-choices.html)

mr.walleye 05-27-2019 05:17 AM

hybrid bumper choices

I plan on getting a hybrid bumper to put a 20" light bar inside, not interested in a winch, but I do want the bull bar because of the amount of deer I seem to encounter while driving at night. I've found 3 manufactures of them. Victory, SSO and C4 fab. are there any more out there I've missed? I'm not looking for a full size bumper, just the smaller ones that protect the radiator.

GabrielM 05-27-2019 07:43 AM

2 I can think of:

Warn: Pardon Our Interruption
Green Lane Offroad (Aluminium): 14+ 4Runner Stump Aluminum Winch Bumper — GreenLane Offroad.

They are surely others available.

billnourse 05-27-2019 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielM (Post 3295013)
2 I can think of:

Warn: Pardon Our Interruption
Green Lane Offroad (Aluminium): 14+ 4Runner Stump Aluminum Winch Bumper — GreenLane Offroad.

They are surely others available.

Neither of these have a cut out for the 20" light bar.

War Eagle 05-27-2019 08:56 AM

I run a Warn with an extreme X6 inside of hoop. I like the setup.

xmatox 05-27-2019 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.walleye (Post 3295002)
I plan on getting a hybrid bumper to put a 20" light bar inside, not interested in a winch, but I do want the bull bar because of the amount of deer I seem to encounter while driving at night. I've found 3 manufactures of them. Victory, SSO and C4 fab. are there any more out there I've missed? I'm not looking for a full size bumper, just the smaller ones that protect the radiator.

I purchased the SSO hybrid bumper with 20" cutout for a baja lightbar. I looked at other companies too, but ultimately chose SSO because they had the option to go "stage 2" if I ever wanted some extra protection.

mr.walleye 05-27-2019 01:25 PM

I also would like to add, none of the company's I mentioned will do a cut out for a E series rigid light bar, they all say they do custom work, yet they don't.. it's ok, I will get bare metal, have access to a plasma cutter and widen it myself.

mr.walleye 05-31-2019 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmatox (Post 3295123)
I purchased the SSO hybrid bumper with 20" cutout for a baja lightbar. I looked at other companies too, but ultimately chose SSO because they had the option to go "stage 2" if I ever wanted some extra protection.

were you able to run it without beefing up the front suspension? I really do like the SSO

xmatox 05-31-2019 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.walleye (Post 3298007)
were you able to run it without beefing up the front suspension? I really do like the SSO

I have an Icon stage 2 lift, so my front end is beefed up already, but I assume that you would need too beef it up in order to avoid a dramatic rake. The stock vehicle already has a small rake in the front. Adding another 75-130 pounds ( Winch or no winch ) is only going to make it rake further. Maybe you can just get beefier springs up front and not a full lift to save some money.

57HotrodVW 05-31-2019 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.walleye (Post 3295002)

I have an SSO slimline that I'm very happy with. If you go that route, use this coupon code to save $100 off SSO purchases of $598 or more:
REFA0NKOLXOAU

Ryan at Eibach 05-31-2019 07:13 PM

I run the Warn too. Nice fit and finish.

jdm-v35 06-01-2019 10:59 AM

I was considering a hybrid bumper as well. But if you are looking for deer protection, I dont believe it would add enough extra protection to be useful. I would save some money and do the in-grill light bar.

If you were looking at a full front, it would add protection but at a much higher cost.

I have hit a deer with my G35 going 60 and the damage was bad enough that the insurance wanted to total it out, but I kept it and was able to fix it all myself luckily. That car is also very modified and I had a full steel bash bar in the bumper that basically broke all the deers' legs. it kept the bumper in one piece but everything around it and behind it(radiator etc) to the windshield was destroyed.

If you want it for a winch/recovery points then it would be worth it. For just a light bar, I would just go in-grill and save yourself the extra $800.

RedRunner-14 07-22-2021 01:09 PM

BAMF Hybrid Bumper

Not sure if you guys have seen this, but BAMF has a hybrid bumper for 5th gen 4runners now for 40% off (first 50 production units) going for $800 base. 5th Gen 2014 plus 4runner Hybrid bumper

Sully888 07-22-2021 02:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I went with road armor. it was like $663 at the time and came powder coated. It has a spot for a 32in lightbar though. this is a pic of my setup.

Sully888 07-22-2021 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.walleye (Post 3298007)

I would definitely beef up the front end. I ran mine on stock suspension for a couple weeks before I installed a lift. you can tell a difference on stock with more rake.

smeerun 07-22-2021 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRunner-14 (Post 3657889)
Not sure if you guys have seen this, but BAMF has a hybrid bumper for 5th gen 4runners now for 40% off (first 50 production units) going for $800 base. 5th Gen 2014 plus 4runner Hybrid bumper

Damn, I dig the simplicity of their front bumper.