Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   4th Gen Skid System Now Available! (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/273479-4th-gen-skid-system-now-available.html)

Victory 4x4 05-31-2019 08:41 AM

4th Gen Skid System Now Available!

3 Attachment(s)
Our front, mid, transfer case, and gas tank skids are now available for the 4th Gen!

Designed to protect your truck in serious rock crawling and make oil changes easier than with the stock skids.
  • CNC cut and formed from 3/16" steel or 1/4" aluminum (mounting brackets will be steel on aluminum option)
  • Frame mounted
  • Hardware Included
  • Made in the USA
  • Free shipping!

4Runner Front Skid Plate | 4th & 5th Gen (03+) - Victory 4x4

4Runner Mid Skid Plate | 4th & 5th Gen (03+) - Victory 4x4

4Runner Transfer Case Skid Plate | 4th & 5th Gen (03+) - Victory 4x4

4Runner Gas Tank Skid Plate | 4th & 5th Gen (03+) - Victory 4x4

thuanvu 02-04-2020 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Victory 4x4 (Post 3297697)
Our front, mid, transfer case, and gas tank skids are now available for the 4th Gen!

Designed to protect your truck in serious rock crawling and make oil changes easier than with the stock skids.
  • CNC cut and formed from 3/16" steel or 1/4" aluminum (mounting brackets will be steel on aluminum option)
  • Frame mounted
  • Hardware Included
  • Made in the USA
  • Free shipping!

4Runner Front Skid Plate | 4th & 5th Gen (03+) - Victory 4x4

4Runner Mid Skid Plate | 4th & 5th Gen (03+) - Victory 4x4

4Runner Transfer Case Skid Plate | 4th & 5th Gen (03+) - Victory 4x4

4Runner Gas Tank Skid Plate | 4th & 5th Gen (03+) - Victory 4x4

Will these fit w the integrated Blitz bumper with no issues?

Victory 4x4 02-04-2020 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thuanvu (Post 3436239)
Will these fit w the integrated Blitz bumper with no issues?

Yes, they will!

SolRayz 02-04-2020 05:39 PM

Would it kill to incorporate an access panel for oil changes on the V8?

thuanvu 02-04-2020 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolRayz (Post 3436441)

This is what is holding me back, the thought of removing the plate everytime makes me ugh

Terminator03 02-05-2020 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thuanvu (Post 3436454)
This is what is holding me back, the thought of removing the plate everytime makes me ugh

Not sure if it’s the same for this setup because I have the RCI aluminum version with the bumper filler plate. For my setup it’s just 4 bolts and it drops for complete access. In my case, I prefer to drop it because I can clean the inside of the skid, inspect for any leaks, etc. With any oil change it’s getting rid of the old oil that’s the time consuming part, I see dropping the skid as a non issue. Now that being said, if I had the heavier steel version, I may feel differently...

jcaino 02-05-2020 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terminator03 (Post 3436699)
Not sure if it’s the same for this setup because I have the RCI aluminum version with the bumper filler plate. For my setup it’s just 4 bolts and it drops for complete access. In my case, I prefer to drop it because I can clean the inside of the skid, inspect for any leaks, etc. With any oil change it’s getting rid of the old oil that’s the time consuming part, I see dropping the skid as a non issue. Now that being said, if I had the heavier steel version, I may feel differently...

I've got the RCI aluminum ones (Victory didn't have theirs out yet, they're in driving range...) but I don't drop the skid. Looking at Victory's skids, I imagine you can do the same thing I do - get an old plastic jug and cut it roughly in half (I used an old windshield wiper jug) and put it under the filter and then you can just reach in and remove, jug diverts into your catch can. And as long as the truck is level, the drain plug access hole is just big enough not to catch the stream.

xtremewlr 02-05-2020 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolRayz (Post 3436441)

Quote:

Originally Posted by thuanvu (Post 3436454)

Beside the fact that it's REALLY not that difficult to lower the front of the skid plate to do an oil change on the V8, if you actually look at their website, you will see they have either updated the skid plate or have an option for the V8.

https://www.victory4x4.com/mm5/graph...0001/GX-GN.jpg

Terminator03 02-07-2020 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcaino (Post 3436711)
I've got the RCI aluminum ones (Victory didn't have theirs out yet, they're in driving range...) but I don't drop the skid. Looking at Victory's skids, I imagine you can do the same thing I do - get an old plastic jug and cut it roughly in half (I used an old windshield wiper jug) and put it under the filter and then you can just reach in and remove, jug diverts into your catch can. And as long as the truck is level, the drain plug access hole is just big enough not to catch the stream.

I’ve actually been meaning to try that, as I read about that trick in another thread awhile back. They used a “form a funnel”, but your idea is obviously much more cost effective and repurposing something that would otherwise get thrown out anyway. I’ll give that a shot next time, thanks.

damthemainstream 06-13-2020 05:11 PM

Does the front skid take the place of the factory 2-piece skids?

MrSeth 06-14-2020 03:48 AM

Well. Looks like ill be selling an organ or two to get these bad boys :embarassed:

Victory 4x4 06-15-2020 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damthemainstream (Post 3503878)
Does the front skid take the place of the factory 2-piece skids?

Yes, it does!

wingzerom31996 03-03-2024 04:09 PM

Victory Skids

Quote:

Originally Posted by Victory 4x4 (Post 3504515)
Yes, it does!

The websites shows front/Mid skids with oil filter and oil drain plug access door.
It doesnt pictures doesnt show whether it is for the 4th gen or 5th gen.,

Does the front/mid skid plate for 4th GEN V8 have two doors for easy access to the OIL FILTER and oil drain plug..

CBI uses stock pictures with two access door...when only the 5th Gen comes with 2 door and 4th gen comes with 1 door.

I wanna double with you guys to makes sure the skid plates come with 2 doors .

Thanks