Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   2019 / 2020 Fox shock SPRING replacement options? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/273910-2019-2020-fox-shock-spring-replacement-options.html)

jamoc 06-10-2019 11:41 PM

2019 / 2020 Fox shock SPRING replacement options?

Hello all,

Adding a low profile front bumper and winch, (160 lbs.), to a 2020 trdp very soon after purchase. Sliders, roof rack / RTT will be added as well, however those are more centered weight distribution items.

Any input on a FOX front spring replacement option, (such as Bilstein 6112 Front Springs for 2010-2018), to offset added weight / front end height sag? I do want to keep the fox's for hopefully the near life expectancy - I am aware that a longer spring, with additional spring # weight 'may' deteriorate my shock quicker.

I also plan on adding Dobinsons / Wheelers etc. rear coil springs - to offset possible aft sag, after the front spring install.

But my main focus, are potential direct spring replacements for 2019 - 2020 front FOX shocks.

Cheers, :cheers:

Jetboy 06-11-2019 12:02 AM

Front combined spring rate is 600lb/in. 160lb added weight will lower the front about 1/4 inch. It's a 2:1 leverage ratio on the front coilovers. So 1/8 inch spacers would get back to level. 1/4 spacers would net a small lift.

If you like the current height, I'd add a small shim spacer on top of the current coilovers. The cost is small. Easy install. Basically no performance change.

jamoc 06-11-2019 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetboy (Post 3303625)
If you like the current height,

Thank you for your knowledge, and straight forward reply. This is the exact info. I needed. Let's say I do want a very mild lift, roughly 1-2 inches?

OCTT4R 06-11-2019 05:59 PM

Are Fox springs made by BDS?

jamoc 06-13-2019 08:03 PM

Thread update

I called Eibach a couple days ago. I read somewhere on this forum that they had somethin' brewin' for the Fox suspension setups. Sure glad I called! I spoke with a gentleman who let me in on some exciting news: One of their employees has a '19 trdp. They have been testing a front and rear coil (spring only) direct replacement!

He went into a bit of detail. The front spring is meant to satisfy additional weight from a front bumper / winch assembly. If I remember correctly : roughly 1 inch higher, with a 600 - 650# rating. ALSO -- Here is something new : they are developing an adjustable rear spring replacement! He went on by explaining that the need for adjustability is to 'level out' the rear, when compared to where the front sits, as well as the additional weight load of RTT's, racks, etc.

This spring replacement system will supposedly be released in 'a couple months'.

Kudos to Eibach, and thank you to the gentleman I spoke with on the phone. He was very informative, and knowledgeable.

:rockon:

Mudballz 06-13-2019 08:27 PM

Lmk if you want to sell your fox setup
Mike

jamoc 06-14-2019 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mudballz (Post 3305431)
Lmk if you want to sell your fox setup
Mike

You clearly didn't read this post. I will be replacing springs only. I'll sell you the springs, $1200 shipped. I'll let you know.

Mudballz 06-14-2019 07:46 PM

I did read it right keep it you deserve yourself

jamoc 06-14-2019 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mudballz (Post 3305990)
I did read it right keep it you deserve yourself

Thanks Mudballz, I appreciate that. Very informative input, keep up the great work

thedragonchk 07-01-2019 12:56 AM

THIS IS GREAT NEWS!!!! After talking to a tech at Toytec and another at RSG here in Denver, I was really fearing I'd have to replace the whole damn suspension from nose dive after installing a new
full width front bumper, winch, & skid plates. Any idea on a timeframe they have for releasing these goodies?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamoc (Post 3305424)
I called Eibach a couple days ago. I read somewhere on this forum that they had somethin' brewin' for the Fox suspension setups. Sure glad I called! I spoke with a gentleman who let me in on some exciting news: One of their employees has a '19 trdp. They have been testing a front and rear coil (spring only) direct replacement!

He went into a bit of detail. The front spring is meant to satisfy additional weight from a front bumper / winch assembly. If I remember correctly : roughly 1 inch higher, with a 600 - 650# rating. ALSO -- Here is something new : they are developing an adjustable rear spring replacement! He went on by explaining that the need for adjustability is to 'level out' the rear, when compared to where the front sits, as well as the additional weight load of RTT's, racks, etc.

This spring replacement system will supposedly be released in 'a couple months'.

Kudos to Eibach, and thank you to the gentleman I spoke with on the phone. He was very informative, and knowledgeable.

:rockon:

Conscans 02-23-2021 07:21 AM

Does anyone know the coil spring rate for the OEM 4Runner TRD Pro Fox shocks?
2019 year as 2020 is same

MGordo 02-24-2021 01:33 PM

Pretty sure its 600lbs.