Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Aluminum Front Integrated Winch Bumper | TWO IN STOCK! (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/274038-aluminum-front-integrated-winch-bumper-|-two-stock.html)

Victory 4x4 06-14-2019 09:32 AM

Aluminum Front Integrated Winch Bumper | TWO IN STOCK!

3 Attachment(s)
We are thinking about making our Blitz Front Winch Bumper in an aluminum option. The cost and labor of aluminum would add about $300 to the price (powder coated would be around $1100) but would be about half the weight. (around 30-35lbs).

Would you be interested in an aluminum option?

SteveOreno 06-14-2019 09:37 AM

What gauge alum?

Muzzle of Bees 06-14-2019 09:40 AM

No, but i would be interested in a full, no cut bumper.

Victory 4x4 06-14-2019 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steveoreno (Post 3305670)
what gauge alum?

1/4"

jhguth 06-14-2019 10:00 AM

I'd only be interested in aluminum if it comes with FEA from various loading scenarios

T4R_KAI 06-14-2019 10:55 AM

When it comes to armor id go with steel. While its heavier than aluminum, it provides superior protection. Then again if people are buying just for looks, it may be a favorable option.

ProfessorP 06-14-2019 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T4R_KAI (Post 3305705)
When it comes to armor id go with steel. While its heavier than aluminum, it provides superior protection. Then again if people are buying just for looks, it may be a favorable option.

Aluminum also works for people like me that don’t off road in an environment where you need “armor.” Soft deep sand and mud is very different from rock crawling. I would like to add a hidden winch behind a bumper that allows winch access, but doesn’t weigh a ton. I don’t need a bumper that can withstand repeated bashing into rocks.

ProfessorP 06-14-2019 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Victory 4x4 (Post 3305668)
We are thinking about making our Blitz Front Winch Bumper in an aluminum option. The cost and labor of aluminum would add about $300 to the price (powder coated would be around $1100) but would be about half the weight. (around 30-35lbs).

Would you be interested in an aluminum option?

I’m the guy that asked about this on Facebook. Hope you guys eventually have an aluminum option.

Mudballz 06-14-2019 11:11 AM

Yes very interested with recovery points and light cut outs for a 20 inch light bar
Mike

screamoon 06-14-2019 11:38 AM

I am totally down for this if it were to be a full bumper and cover front lights as well for protection from deers etc.

Victory 4x4 06-14-2019 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muzzle of Bees (Post 3305671)
No, but i would be interested in a full, no cut bumper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by screamoon (Post 3305742)
I am totally down for this if it were to be a full bumper and cover front lights as well for protection from deers etc.

We will be releasing a full front bumper with an aluminum option in the next month or two.

Phil Frames 06-14-2019 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Victory 4x4 (Post 3305821)
We will be releasing a full front bumper with an aluminum option in the next month or two.

Can't wait to see this!

CITYRNR 06-14-2019 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorP (Post 3305707)
Aluminum also works for people like me that don’t off road in an environment where you need “armor.” Soft deep sand and mud is very different from rock crawling. I would like to add a hidden winch behind a bumper that allows winch access, but doesn’t weigh a ton. I don’t need a bumper that can withstand repeated bashing into rocks.

I’d be interested for this reason. Along the same lines, I wouldn’t need the light bar cutout or the bull bar. Is that an option?

mteolus 06-14-2019 03:32 PM

I would be interested, not immediately but eventually.

Regarding aluminum for protection as some have commented, I would think with a hybrid bumper your plastic on each side would get damaged long before the hybrid bumper. So not sure what advantage steel would be unless you hit a tree head on.

Victory 4x4 06-14-2019 03:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CITYRNR (Post 3305875)
I’d be interested for this reason. Along the same lines, I wouldn’t need the light bar cutout or the bull bar. Is that an option?

We do offer it without the bull bar and have filler panel available for those that don't run a lightbar. Some have also painted the panel black to make it more subtle. We will have the same options if/when we make an aluminum version.