Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   3rd gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Tacoma wheel question (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/274166-tacoma-wheel-question.html)

Bigmd 06-17-2019 06:57 PM

Tacoma wheel question

Ok so it looks like a screwed up. I bought some 07 Tacoma 17” wheels off craigslist cheap and had them powder coated. Went to slap on the front and the offset is slightly different . About an inch or so. The tire is tucked a little too far in for my taste. I’m thinking 1.25” spider trax spacers should do the trick. Now for the rear can i get away with same ? Is the rear wider or narrower than the front? Any info is appreciated.

T4R_Fanatic 06-17-2019 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigmd (Post 3307266)
Ok so it looks like a screwed up. I bought some 07 Tacoma 17” wheels off craigslist cheap and had them powder coated. Went to slap on the front and the offset is slightly different . About an inch or so. The tire is tucked a little too far in for my taste. I’m thinking 1.25” spider trax spacers should do the trick. Now for the rear can i get away with same ? Is the rear wider or narrower than the front? Any info is appreciated.

I believe they are similar width so the spacers should work for you on front and rear

FILTHEE 06-18-2019 07:44 PM

The previous owner of mine had the Tacoma wheels without spacers on my Limited which looked stupid to me, so I used Spidertrax spacers to bring them out. The front and rears looked even to me.

Regardless of the wheel used, the spacers are going to add 1.25" front and rear, so if it looked even to you with the factory 4R wheels, then they will look the same just a little further out.

OrRunner 06-18-2019 07:51 PM

The rear is actually slightly more narrow than the front, something like .5-1.0 inch. Should look good with the spacers. Make sure you follow the directions- thoroughly clean the hub surface, use the provided loctite, torque to spec, and recheck after you've driven for a while.

Scramble 06-18-2019 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigmd (Post 3307266)

:worthless

Bigmd 06-18-2019 09:00 PM

Ok . Thanks for all the info. I’m not even sure how to post pics anymore without photobucket.

DerKaiser 06-19-2019 11:38 AM

I use Imgur: The magic of the Internet others like Find your inspiration. | Flickr there are probably other great options.