Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   My fourth 4RUNNER!! (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/274862-my-fourth-4runner.html)

TheUltimateBohab 07-06-2019 04:13 AM

My fourth 4RUNNER!!

Hi guys I'm glad to be back! I just picked up my 4th 4Runner 2 days ago a 2008 Limited 110000 miles! And my God I love it!

It is crazy how capable this thing is off-road fully stock!!

Anyway I want to do some modifications I was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction for places to buy Quality Parts.
I want to start out with getting a good bull bar with lights I'm debating if I want the LED strip built-in or the two big lights. I also was deciding if I wanted to keep the factory running boards or put the bar with the individual steps I have lights on the factory so I'm not certain what I want to do.

I also cannot stand the orange dash lights I was going to replace them with Xeon LED like that whitish-blue.

in a lot of the pictures the guys have on here they have that black bug guard thing on the hood I don't know what that's called I to want get one of those and the rain guard things for the windows

I'm sure there's many more things I want to do. But if somebody could point me in the best direction for brands and places to buy them that would be excellent!

I'm very excited to be back and the proud owner of yet another 4Runner!!:):):):)

Ventil8 07-06-2019 06:37 AM

I'm still on my 1st...almost 14.5 years with the same 4R.

TheUltimateBohab 07-08-2019 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ventil8 (Post 3317523)
I'm still on my 1st...almost 14.5 years with the same 4R.

Dude that rocks!! They're absolutely excellent I love them I have had an 85 an 87 a 97 and now a 2008!! The 85 rusted out too bad and the frame broke the 87 I sold in 2008 with 250,000 miles on it and the dude still drives it today. The 97 got repossessed on a title loan and now I got my 2008!!

I plan on keeping this one for life I did also with my 97 but you know title loan companies want $5,000 to get your vehicle back when the loan was only $200.... for real that's actually what it was.

Yep I'm going to do all kinds of fun stuff first things first I got to get those hideous orange dash lights out of there I hate them.

montijo505 07-08-2019 12:51 PM

@S p a r k y

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

montijo505 07-08-2019 12:52 PM

My fourth 4RUNNER!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by montijo505 (Post 3318419)
@S p a r k y is pretty much the go to for the dash light conversion.

I totally just quoted my own post instead of editing it.......

sandiegosteve 07-09-2019 04:54 PM

4th Gen for your 4th 4runner. I see what you are doing here.

I started with this site for LEDs - http://www.top4runners.com/ja/2007/leds5k.html - lots of other mods there too.

4rs 07-09-2019 07:31 PM

Am I the only one that likes the orange dash lights? That is done for a reason. Easy on the eyes.

Good luck with your purchase.

royal T4R 07-10-2019 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4rs (Post 3319255)
Am I the only one that likes the orange dash lights? That is done for a reason. Easy on the eyes.

Good luck with your purchase.

Red is better :)

hinmo24t 07-10-2019 10:55 AM

i like the orange too - reminds me of BMW. i had blue in gen 4 VW GTI and green in my subaru wrx...i think i like orange the most to be honest (the blue was neat, before it became played out along with white), and im the type where i wouldnt want to change a portion of lights to another color while some stay default orange - all or nothing

TheUltimateBohab 07-10-2019 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandiegosteve (Post 3319137)
4th Gen for your 4th 4runner. I see what you are doing here.

I started with this site for LEDs - http://www.top4runners.com/ja/2007/leds5k.html - lots of other mods there too.

:becky::becky: what do you mean!? :becky::becky:

TheUltimateBohab 07-10-2019 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hinmo24t (Post 3319550)
i like the orange too - reminds me of BMW. i had blue in gen 4 VW GTI and green in my subaru wrx...i think i like orange the most to be honest (the blue was neat, before it became played out along with white), and im the type where i wouldnt want to change a portion of lights to another color while some stay default orange - all or nothing

Yeah I have plans of changing them all out except for the gear select lights on the dash I was going to keep those whatever they are aside from that I'm debating on color but I think Zeon white blue whatever that is is the color I want....

Thanks for all the replies fellas Toyota forums are always the best ones!!

TheUltimateBohab 07-10-2019 07:47 PM

After reading through the website that one of you guys posted I'm going with 5000k LEDs for all the interior maybe red for all the gauges could anybody point me in a direction of some photos of various colors? That would be Mighty rockin!!:wink2::wink2:

S p a r k y 07-11-2019 05:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi!!!

:rapture:

Iceman710 07-16-2019 03:58 PM

Sparky did mine as well, probably the best interior upgrade on the 4runner.

TheUltimateBohab 07-21-2019 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S p a r k y (Post 3320518)
Hi!!!

:rapture:

Yes sir I found one of your other posts I plan to get ahold of you here in a couple of weeks and figure out how you can make my 4Runner excellent!