Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   6th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/6th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   OMG Can you get a 2019 ORP without kdss and moonroof? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/6th-gen-t4rs/275048-omg-can-you-get-2019-orp-without-kdss-moonroof.html)

IslandJim 07-11-2019 11:39 AM

OMG Can you get a 2019 ORP without kdss and moonroof?

:girl: Toyotas website says kdss and moonroof are available, but I cant find one without them...please splain!

IslandJim 07-11-2019 12:10 PM

2019 Toyota 4Runner Exterior Specs & Options

4Rs found at dealers, with the sliding cargo deck, all have the moonroofs too , which the cargo deck is a must.

Getting a different answer from dealers whether you can get a ORP without moonroof, that it has to be ordered, different dealer different answer, and searches are comin up short on t4r.org/google

It looks like someone in june 2018 got an ORP without moonroof after waiting 2 months, but did not say how he found it...Any suggestions?

mscot 07-11-2019 12:18 PM

You should ask in the 5th Gen forum. This forum is misleading. There is no 6th gen.

Long story short, you may have to work with a dealer to "order" one - meaning they have to find one coming in to port like you want it and reserve it for you (since there's no custom ordering with Toyota).
That's how I got mine.

IslandJim 07-11-2019 12:22 PM

LOL I thought it was still a fifth gen

2112 R 07-11-2019 04:54 PM

I have a 2017 ORP with the sliding cargo deck and no moon roof.
It does have KDSS though.

It was a special order that was delivered to a local dealership and the original buyer backed out of the sale. I was next on the list to call as I had been looking for one and left my phone number on file with dealerships in the SoCal to Phoenix areas.
Suggest calling around telling them exactly what you are looking for and some dealership looking to make a sale will put in the effort to find you one.

They are rare, but it's possible to get them.

wcjeep 07-12-2019 12:44 AM

We bought ORP with kdss and no moonroof. We also said No Black, no Red color. Wait for the boat to arrive every 3 or 5 weeks and see what happens. Internal dealer computer more accurate than all non Toyota websites. Our dealer had to do a 3way trade to get ours. Japan makes what they make. There s always a new boat arriving. Took over 2 months to get mine. Never looked for no kdss. Some ordering is regional. You can be patient or start calling other regions (states).

Lemon Law usually only applies to vehicles bought within your own state. It's not an FCA product, you should be fine. There is lots of info somewhere on here about regional ordering control.

Drobs 07-12-2019 07:55 AM

Here's a OR Premium at my dealer w/ no moonroof. Can't tell if it has KDSS or not. I would guess not.

https://www.reliabletoyotamo.com/new...0fc6b9da36.htm

JP421 07-12-2019 09:50 AM

My 2019 Off-Road Premium does not have KDSS but does have a moonroof.

I4N 07-12-2019 05:12 PM

In a word, YES.

I specifically requested a TRD ORP with no KDSS or moonroof in Magnetic Grey. Some dealers told me there weren't any but one put his head to it and found me one in Redlands. They are not common! Especially here in Los Angeles where almost every ORP has KDSS. You might check other geographical markets. I know when I switch my zip code on the website to Texas or Arizona the moonroof & KDSS delete become a lot more common.. hope this helps.

teotwaki 07-13-2019 09:11 AM

Toyota of Orange, Huntington Beach Toyota and 5 more dealers are owned by the same guy so my 2018 ORP 4Runner was brought in from their Arizona dealership at no extra cost.

My 2018 ORP did not have KDSS or a sliding cargo tray but did have a moon roof, E-locker, M/T select and crawl control.

2112 R 07-13-2019 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I4N (Post 3321068)
... but one put his head to it and found me one in Redlands.

^^ This.

Keep calling around, expand your searches to surrounding states.
I was willing to fly 1 way to another state and drive back if the deal was attractive enough and make sure the dealers know that. Luckily I found my 4runner about 90 minutes from home.
Show your interest and urgency and there is a dealer out there that needs to make a sale who can help you search.

PierceT4R 07-18-2019 09:27 PM

I just bought my T4R. When I was looking I test drove a non-KDSS and without Moon roof. It was the only one on the lot though.

local_dirt 07-25-2019 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IslandJim (Post 3320280)
:girl: Toyotas website says kdss and moonroof are available, but I cant find one without them...please splain!

The answer is YES. I ordered my XP without the sunroof, which comes as part of the standard package. The dealer with have to look around a little, but a few do come into the port like that.

https://i.imgur.com/FRFBQtk.jpg

PS- you don't have to take the $200 floor mats, either. I dumped those and got Weather Techs. Better. Cheaper.

brownersd 07-25-2019 02:15 PM

Here in the Gulf States Toyota region, you find quite many of them without KDSS. The moonroof, it's a 50/50.

slk_t4r 07-28-2019 02:52 AM

I just bought mine in San Diego, 19 ORP with sliding cargo and KDSS but no moonroof. I wanted both the deck and kdss though, and no sunroof. My broker bought it directly from fleet. I think it only took a week to get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk