Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   ABS/Traction Control Lights (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/275188-abs-traction-control-lights.html)

bepuvu88 07-15-2019 12:22 AM

ABS/Traction Control Lights

So over the weekend I had a friend that is a mechanic for VW help me install my lift kit. We got it all installed however it appears that I have multiple lights on now.

The ABS, Traction Control and some other lights are on my dash. Any suggestions? Could we have had the ABS sensor damaged by accident?

GripT4R 07-15-2019 12:47 AM

Have you looked at the ABS sensors?

MyanRagahis 07-15-2019 01:26 AM

What are the other lights?

I doubt it was anything like my issue but if your steering light is on could be a damaged spiral cable in the steering wheel. I want to say unlikely though.

You could try the zero point calibration for starters to see if that clears it. Not difficult at all.

flyrv9 07-15-2019 03:14 AM

Also check the wire going to each ABS sensor. There have been threads where people doing lifts or other suspension work have stretched or broken ABS wires.

bepuvu88 07-15-2019 09:26 AM

These are the lights that are on.

bepuvu88 07-15-2019 09:32 AM

Multi-terrain Select indicator warning light (flashes continuously)

ABS

4WD indicator warning light (flashes rapidly)

Slip indicator light

Verast 07-15-2019 09:38 AM

I had this same issue when I installed my lift kit as well. I started going over my head about what didn’t look right when I installed it and remembered how much tension was on my abs sensor wire harness when I was trying to install the front.

I checked my abs wire harness connection at both ends and everything was still connected. No damage to my sensors either. Then reading around a lot here I decided to change out the wire harnesses on both sides and that took away my lights as soon as I cranked on the 4Runner.

Hope this helps. The harnesses aren’t too costly and the install is very easy.

mtwyi66 01-12-2020 09:30 PM

Just had the same issue come to find out it was due the LEDs I put in my fog lights

GO_USN 06-16-2020 07:41 PM

mtwyi66 Just had the same issue come to find out it was due the LEDs I put in my fog lights

Did you find a fix for it? I just had my OEM headlights replaced with LED lights and having the Brake, ABS, and VSC lights come on, although intermittent.

GO_USN 06-16-2020 08:31 PM

How did you find out it was the LED lights? I have the same issue as soon as I installed LEDs but was wondering if you found a fix other than going back to halogens

Mack1611 06-17-2020 06:49 PM

Do this... Yaw Rate and Acceleration Sensor Zero Point Calibration

Hezael 12-12-2020 10:45 PM

I just had the exact same issue after installing the 5100 Bilstein lift kit.

Dashboard lights that are on are

1. ABS
2. 4WD (flashes rapidly)
3. Slip Indicator light

From what I've read it is most likely the ABS sensor. Wondering where I can buy the part and if I would be able to reinstall it myself with instructions?

Hezael 12-12-2020 10:47 PM

Where did you find the part and what is it called?

EddieV4runnin 12-13-2020 12:45 AM

Seems like most people that get these warning lights on are because they damaged the harness to the wheel speed sensor. It’s a 10mm bolt that holds the sensor in place and it’s comes right out so you don’t yank on the harness. I’ve seen so many post where they say not to remove it but that’s a lie.