Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-topic/)
-   -   A 4Runner story...with happy ending (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-topic/275288-4runner-story-happy-ending.html)

swampdodo 07-17-2019 07:53 AM

A 4Runner story...with happy ending

well...sorta...

Woman Steals Her Toyota 4Runner Back After Stalking Thieves for Two Days

mrblah 07-17-2019 10:08 AM

i think me and you have different definitions of what is a happy ending....:loco:

swampdodo 07-17-2019 10:34 AM

easy now...this is a family forum...

Bumbo 07-17-2019 11:43 AM

This lady sounds like she has a lot of time on her hands…

spartacus 07-17-2019 11:53 AM

Good for her, she took the initiative and found her 4runner before those criminals trashed it and she had them locked up.

ElectroBoy 07-17-2019 01:07 PM

Keys in ignition
Unlocked doors, visible gear
A hard lesson learned

swampdodo 07-17-2019 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spartacus (Post 3323375)
Good for her, she took the initiative and found her 4runner before those criminals trashed it and she had them locked up.

Actually, I think it ended up being totaled...

ElectroBoy 07-17-2019 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swampdodo (Post 3323445)
Actually, I think it ended up being totaled...

The 4Runner owner *wanted* it to be totaled because it was so foul inside. My KC buddy saw the story on their local news station. Led him to believe a deep clean detailing was needed to get it road worthy again.

LandCruiser 07-17-2019 10:43 PM

https://www.indiewire.com/wp-content...2e73.jpg?w=780

Joan Wick?

mnofpeace 07-18-2019 07:58 AM

i applaud her...

because i did this...sort of.

years ago, my Honda CBR F3 was stolen from in front of my buddies apt building. i was of course irate about it. but hey, what can you do, sport bikes get stolen. i did all of the right things, i called the cops, i called my insurance, i had a file on it, i got a check for it. I was made whole.

fast forward two months, and i come out of a 7-11, and boom, there is my bike, along with 4 others. i follow those guys and to my luck, they all go 'home' right at that moment, parking the bikes in a driveway where they open the garage, and, you guessed it, there are about 10 other bikes in there. obviously all stolen. i went and got a buddy to give me a ride back. we sat and sat, to see who was coming and going, i picked the moment to pounce, jumped on, and took my bike right back.

i called the cops so they could close the case. they came to my house, took some notes, and then send cops to the house and arrested everyone there for having stolen property there.

brave, nah...stupid, sure-hey, i was 25 and it was my first bike.

so i can relate.

Net4n6 07-19-2019 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrblah (Post 3323288)
i think me and you have different definitions of what is a happy ending....:loco:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumbo (Post 3323365)

Are these quote inter-related?

fourwd1 07-19-2019 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblah

i think me and you have different definitions of what is a happy ending....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbo

Quote:

Originally Posted by Net4n6 (Post 3324705)
Are these quote inter-related?

If you want them to be :naughty::naughty: