Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   3rd gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Bushings (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/275302-bushings.html)

skillbill 07-17-2019 02:24 PM

Bushings

Started ordering parts for lift and lbj replacement along with new tie rods. While in there I want to replace all my bushing ( uca, lcr, sway bar and rack& pinion) what the best brand to go with? Toyota, whiteline etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motorwinger 07-17-2019 02:28 PM

Bushings

I have a 01 Gen 3 and just had LCA Bushings, CV Boots and LBJ done on mine. I purchased Toyota OEM parts based upon my mechanics recommendation. The labor time for LCA bushings is 6 hours and do LBJ at the same time.

4runnerfiend 07-17-2019 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skillbill (Post 3323477)
Started ordering parts for lift and lbj replacement along with new tie rods. While in there I want to replace all my bushing ( uca, lcr, sway bar and rack& pinion) what the best brand to go with? Toyota, whiteline etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBJ always do OEM
LCA if you do not do OEM Whiteline is supposed to be the best option.
Sway bar I think Energy susupension is the popular choice
Rack and Pinion Energy suspension is the best choice.
Not sure about UCA have not dug into that yet.

This is based on all my research on this forum.
I've had the whitelines install buy a quality Toyota shop and they said they are the best option if not going OEM.

:tea:

Angrywelder 07-17-2019 03:51 PM

I did this to mine when I put the lift on. I ended up rebuilding the suspension all the way around. From using both factory and aftermarket bushings my opinion would be this. For lower control arm, lower ball joint, upper ball joint, upper control arm, I would use factory bushings. The rest of the bushings, steering rack bushings, sway bar bushings, rear control arm bushings, I would use aftermarket bushings. Also, I would change the end links for longer ones. You can use the stock 3rd gen front end links on the rear sway bar as they are about 1" longer. For the front sway bar use end links from a 85 front sway bar as they are 1" longer than stock 3rd gen. If your going to reboot the CV-Axles, I would do the extended boot mod also.