Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   The parts supplier: Overland Depot? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/275356-parts-supplier-overland-depot.html)

OffRoadFamily 07-18-2019 07:53 PM

The parts supplier: Overland Depot?

Has anyone on here ever ordered anything from overland Depot? They seem to be a fairly new website and/or parts supplier. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them before.

Overland Depot

rancho4runner 12-10-2019 06:48 PM

Hi @OffRoadFamily ,

A little late but I was wondering the same thing. I didn't find much info on the internet so I went with my gut and ordered a roof rack and ladder for my 2019 SR5 during their Black Friday sale. My roof rack was shipped out a few days later than expected due to high order volumes but their customer service group was responsive and looked into my order inquiry same day. A little nervous buying from a company with little to no reviews but so far I've had a positive experience with them.

When in doubt, pay with a credit card :)

Jason P. 12-10-2019 07:53 PM

I actually ordered my TRD replica grill, raptor light kit and fog yellow overlays from them back in Sept.

They're legit. Good on email responses too. Got that stuff on time as was promised. Solid place.

mteolus 12-11-2019 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason P. (Post 3406960)
I actually ordered my TRD replica grill, raptor light kit and fog yellow overlays from them back in Sept.

They're legit. Good on email responses too. Got that stuff on time as was promised. Solid place.

Looks like the Cartrim one but they pre-install the letters and they add the ground and fuse to the light wires that the Cartrim one doesn't have. I guess there would be no customs delay though as has been the case with some ordering from Cartrim.

RockyMtnJeep 06-28-2021 09:33 AM

They aren't really what you would call "legit." I've tried using them twice and was burned both times. They run under a few names: "Overland Depot," "4RunnerLifestyle," "TacomaLifestyle," and (the parent company) "Escalante Outdoors." From my experience, It seems to be just some guy (Connor Rawle) who has a little skill with SEO and routes sales through his sites. In the end, be careful if something says "In Stock" because he actually has no stock - he just orders from manufacturer and you'll wait as long as the manufacturer says it's backlogged. If you'd like to cancel or know about your order, you'll be waiting a while if you get any response at all. I've been waiting 3 weeks to cancel an order for which I still haven't received any shipping confirmation. The order was placed a month ago and said it was "In Stock." A much better option would be Northridge or someone with a reputation and phone number.