Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Off-Roading (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-roading/)
-   -   Anyone near Athens, GA? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-roading/275433-anyone-near-athens-ga.html)

BigT42 07-21-2019 11:10 AM

Anyone near Athens, GA?

New to the area looking for trail recommendations or someone/group to head out with.

DizzyDoyle 07-22-2019 09:04 AM

@BigT42 , Welcome! I'm in Athens. Unfortunately there are not a ton of places to go. Durhamtown is a option, but it is muddy. Check out Trailsoffroad.com. This site has a lot of trails in North GA mapped out. Also, if you ever want some company let me know. I would love to go out and ride around.

BigT42 07-22-2019 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DizzyDoyle (Post 3325805)
@BigT42 , Welcome! I'm in Athens. Unfortunately there are not a ton of places to go. Durhamtown is a option, but it is muddy. Check out Trailsoffroad.com. This site has a lot of trails in North GA mapped out. Also, if you ever want some company let me know. I would love to go out and ride around.

I’ll let you know next time I head out. In the meantime I was looking to get a pair of JBA UCAs installed in the near future. Do you know any good shops to do the install in the area? I would need something open on a Saturday.

wolfbbg 07-23-2019 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigT42 (Post 3325440)
New to the area looking for trail recommendations or someone/group to head out with.

I'm trying to get a small group together to go up Hurricane Creek trail to Max Patch, NC. That's about a 2hr drive from me, probably closer to 3 for you though. I've got to drive at least an hour or 1:15 to get to any decent trails.

FWIW, I'll be in a stock '15 LE. Still rolling on the all-season street tires for a few more months...

DizzyDoyle 07-30-2019 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigT42 (Post 3326209)
I’ll let you know next time I head out. In the meantime I was looking to get a pair of JBA UCAs installed in the near future. Do you know any good shops to do the install in the area? I would need something open on a Saturday.

You could try Classic City Off Road (Hwy 441 N) or Oconee Off Road (Atl Hwy, past the mall) as for places to get the JBAs installed. I am not entirely sure if these 2 shops are open on the weekend or not. Other than that it is mostly small shops or the dealership or doing it on your own. And shoot me a pm the next time you are thinking of going out and i will do my best to join.