Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   TRD Off road or Pro Prices (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/275515-trd-off-road-pro-prices.html)

mforce 07-23-2019 02:22 PM

TRD Off road or Pro Prices

What are the going prices being paid for the Pro? I know it is a few differen things from TRD Off road premium and that is why I am looking at the TRD off road premium with KDSS and the Voodoo blue pro. I am getting the KDSS for $40K and the Pro for $45K. I feel this is a good deal from what I am reading. I feel I am just getting information overload at this point! My brain hurts from comparing and reading. I have not driven the Pro but I have driven the KDSS and non KDSS and like the KDSS better so I think the Fox should be very close in performance... I hope.
I am not sure which one holds better value but I plan to hold this 4runner for a while so that don't matter to much. Mainly I just want to make sure the value is fair.

DeserTrek 07-23-2019 02:28 PM

If you have the extra cash on hand to upgrade the TRD off road, then I would skip the Pro.

NW.OH.T4R 07-23-2019 02:57 PM

According to the recent Motor Trend review, the 2020 Pro will have Fox suspension AND KDSS. Plus the Toyota safety and pre-collision should result in a noticeable decrease in insurance premiums.

mustangr2 07-23-2019 03:05 PM

At this point I would wait till the 2020 comes out. Either get the 2020 with more features or it will probably give you a chance to 2019 for a better price.

llDemonll 07-23-2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustangr2 (Post 3326588)
At this point I would wait till the 2020 comes out. Either get the 2020 with more features or it will probably give you to get 2019 for a better price.

100% this

Quote:

Originally Posted by mforce (Post 3326554)
I have not driven the Pro but I have driven the KDSS and non KDSS and like the KDSS better so I think the Fox should be very close in performance... I hope.

sway bar and suspension are two different things. the fox may be better, but they can't replicate what the sway bar does.

IMO get the KDSS. Suspension can be changed, KDSS can't just be slapped on there. Outside of that the cars are virtually identical.

TRDORP4Runner 07-23-2019 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NW.OH.T4R (Post 3326580)
According to the recent Motor Trend review, the 2020 Pro will have Fox suspension AND KDSS. Plus the Toyota safety and pre-collision should result in a noticeable decrease in insurance premiums.

Per Edmunds:

"What's more, the TRD Off-Road can be equipped with the optional Kinematic Dynamic Suspension System (KDSS), while the TRD Pro cannot. KDSS is less complicated than it sounds. Essentially, it is a pair of front and rear stabilizer bars that passively disconnect themselves in demanding off-road conditions and then reconnect when normal conditions resume. This system not only improves articulation off road substantially, but it also reduces body roll on asphalt roads because disconnectable bars can be thicker and more road-optimized. It's a win-win."

Edmunds

NW.OH.T4R 07-23-2019 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRDORP4Runner (Post 3326602)
Per Edmunds:

"What's more, the TRD Off-Road can be equipped with the optional Kinematic Dynamic Suspension System (KDSS), while the TRD Pro cannot. KDSS is less complicated than it sounds. Essentially, it is a pair of front and rear stabilizer bars that passively disconnect themselves in demanding off-road conditions and then reconnect when normal conditions resume. This system not only improves articulation off road substantially, but it also reduces body roll on asphalt roads because disconnectable bars can be thicker and more road-optimized. It's a win-win."

Edmunds

Motor Trend:
"Although the 4Runner is old, it proved to be plenty capable on the trail. The Fox suspension helps to keep the cabin calm, providing good cushioning on bumps, and the Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System gives the 4Runner more suspension travel. I was particularly surprised to see the good articulation that the 4Runner had on the trail; the TRD Off-Road and TRD Pro models both got through the same obstacles that other jacked-up Jeeps and Lexus GXs rode through. "

Not sure who has this one correct. If it's Motor Trend, I'll likely be trading my '19 for a '20 and moving from MB to Army Green.

mforce 07-23-2019 03:54 PM

Ya if the 2020 had KDSS and Fox suspension on the Pro!!! Done deal, but I have not heard that anywhere. I’m looking at what’s available now as they are working with me on pro prices. I think???!

TRDORP4Runner 07-23-2019 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NW.OH.T4R (Post 3326605)
Motor Trend:
"Although the 4Runner is old, it proved to be plenty capable on the trail. The Fox suspension helps to keep the cabin calm, providing good cushioning on bumps, and the Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System gives the 4Runner more suspension travel. I was particularly surprised to see the good articulation that the 4Runner had on the trail; the TRD Off-Road and TRD Pro models both got through the same obstacles that other jacked-up Jeeps and Lexus GXs rode through. "

Not sure who has this one correct. If it's Motor Trend, I'll likely be trading my '19 for a '20 and moving from MB to Army Green.

Appears to be a poorly worded sentence where they are describing the suspension pros of both the Pro and TRD ORP.

wcjeep 07-24-2019 12:18 AM

Toyota just had a bunch of journalists drive the 2020 Pro and 2020 Off-road. Have not seen one mention the Pro with kdss. I have kdss on my off-road. Works great. Would be nice to have Safety Sense. The infotainment upgrades mean very little to me.