Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Accessorides auto start, bought one..... (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/275671-accessorides-auto-start-bought-one.html)

bsa70 07-28-2019 06:53 AM

Accessorides auto start, bought one.....

From many recommendations on this forum, I purchased and Accesorides auto start. Took my time yesterday, after about an hour, had it up and going. Very easy to install and program. Works wonderfully.

If you want remote start for your 4 runner, I highly recommend them. I don't need it but the wife has a bank job. I went with the 1200ft remote. She can be in her office and crank the vehicle, pretty cool.....

Not sure how it all works, but you can have it tied to your phone and crank from anywhere...

PoobRunner 07-29-2019 01:58 PM

Ive had the Accessorides remote start on my 4Runner for months now, havent had any issues at all, i would also definitely recommend it.

Thrasher_S 02-13-2020 10:45 PM

Can anybody point me to the BEST install video on Youtube? I've looked at a few, and they all seem to "magically" jump steps...

VB.TRD.Pro 02-14-2020 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrasher_S (Post 3442554)
Can anybody point me to the BEST install video on Youtube? I've looked at a few, and they all seem to "magically" jump steps...

Unfortunately there is not a best video because, as you mentioned, they magically jump steps. The newer videos reflect the current install process and you won't have to splice anything. Of course, none of the videos show how to do the most tedious part, which is properly routing the harness for the steering column so you'll have to figure out how to navigate that tight fit while making sure nothing rubs or gets tugged on when buttoning everything up or adjusting the steering wheel in the future.

nglayton 02-15-2020 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrasher_S (Post 3442554)

I'm pretty sure mine came with step by step instructions.
Old school way.....I know, Printed on paper.
Don't recall watching any video and still got it done.

It doesn't really take any mechanical skilz to unplug and replug a few connectors. Routing the wires can be done a bunch of different ways depending on whatever other electrical mods/additions you've made. I don't really think there is a wrong way to do it.

The hardest part was getting the cellular control activated and linked to my account/phone. But again old school printout worked like a charm. If you didn't buy the cellular option then you won't have to worry about that.

rhadam 02-15-2020 11:34 AM

Happy Accessorides user here. One of the first mods i bought and installed, it helps us out here in North Dakota. Install took about 30 minutes most of it was dealing with taking the plastics off and seating everything properly.

Install vid i used for reference was TRD John i believe.

Thrasher_S 02-18-2020 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VB.TRD.Pro (Post 3442601)
Unfortunately there is not a best video because, as you mentioned, they magically jump steps. The newer videos reflect the current install process and you won't have to splice anything. Of course, none of the videos show how to do the most tedious part, which is properly routing the harness for the steering column so you'll have to figure out how to navigate that tight fit while making sure nothing rubs or gets tugged on when buttoning everything up or adjusting the steering wheel in the future.

Well, I did it. I watched several videos and managed to get most of the info that way. Only issue I had was where to fit the plug part of the harness right under the key. I had to unplug it twice and try a different spot to get the trim under the steering wheel to fit back together.

VB.TRD.Pro 02-19-2020 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrasher_S (Post 3445148)
Well, I did it. I watched several videos and managed to get most of the info that way. Only issue I had was where to fit the plug part of the harness right under the key. I had to unplug it twice and try a different spot to get the trim under the steering wheel to fit back together.

Awesome! It's not bad, just takes a few tries to figure out the best path for that piece.

97BlackAckCL 02-19-2020 01:59 PM

Love my Accessorides, have been recommending it for the last year now. Recently added the cell phone module and OMG I love it even more now!

Sully888 05-06-2020 06:44 PM

Has anyone with an acessorides been able to get pit stop mode to work and how or if the kit has the pit stop mode function?

bigair96 05-06-2020 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully888 (Post 3484876)
Has anyone with an acessorides been able to get pit stop mode to work and how or if the kit has the pit stop mode function?

Pitstop mode? I've got one but no clue what you speak of.

Sully888 05-06-2020 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigair96 (Post 3484925)
Pitstop mode? I've got one but no clue what you speak of.

Compustar Help Center

Jemplyr77 08-05-2020 11:12 PM

Is it too much to ask to have a system for push start that is plug and play, uses oem smart key, and will not shutoff when you open the door?

nglayton 08-05-2020 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jemplyr77 (Post 3528420)
Is it too much to ask to have a system for push start that is plug and play, uses oem smart key, and will not shutoff when you open the door?

Yes
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...D3VDQ&usqp=CAU

BeeRunner 08-29-2020 07:44 PM

Why does the remote start unlock the vehicle??

Does anyone else who's installed this kit notice that between pressing the keyfob 3 times and the vehicle starting that it actually unlocks all your doors?

Do your units do this or is it just mine??