Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Can a 5th gen Limited be a capable vehicle? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/275787-can-5th-gen-limited-capable-vehicle.html)

93civEJ1 07-31-2019 01:20 PM

Can a 5th gen Limited be a capable vehicle?

Just curious. I know limited dont come with some of the off road goodies that the Trail / TRD OR or PRO do, but can you turn a limited into pretty capable vehicle?

meder24 07-31-2019 01:24 PM

There are plenty of threads on this forum where people have made their Limited's into very capable vehicles.
One example is linked below.
'Limited' not recommended for Off-Road?

93civEJ1 07-31-2019 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meder24 (Post 3330755)
There are plenty of threads on this forum where people have made their Limited's into very capable vehicles.
One example is linked below.
'Limited' not recommended for Off-Road?

I was actually just reading that one at the moment.

ManhstuhT4R 07-31-2019 01:29 PM

Hell yeah you can! We end up taking out the xreas system and putting full suspension and 33s on those guys all day here at Toytec and it looks amazing!

Bossman 07-31-2019 01:30 PM

Ask @Miguelon about his Unlimited

2014 UnLimited Mods

baldrik78 07-31-2019 01:30 PM

It says limited right in the name. :rofl:

93civEJ1 07-31-2019 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManhstuhT4R (Post 3330758)
Hell yeah you can! We end up taking out the xreas system and putting full suspension and 33s on those guys all day here at Toytec and it looks amazing!

Looks amazing...BUT...does the performance of it match the look?

Muzzle of Bees 07-31-2019 02:50 PM

Get rid of the silly 20 inch wheels, side steps and lower front and you have a great off road vehicle.

ManhstuhT4R 07-31-2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93civEJ1 (Post 3330763)
Looks amazing...BUT...does the performance of it match the look?

100% performs just like it looks if not even better. Our customers say night and day!

sn_85 07-31-2019 06:58 PM

See here
WAMPA Jr. Build - Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

MrGainzz 07-31-2019 07:38 PM

All 4runners are basically the same vehicle under these plastics.
With that being said ,you can pretty much turn any trims into a very off road worthy 4by4. The only question is how deep is your pocket?

Limited will cost you more to modify due to the parts that need to be replaced or modified.

Things like Xreas suspension(A $3K system at Toyota and most shops charge you extra to remove it ),side skirts(you may need a trd or SR5 side skirt in order to install aftermarket sliders or you can trim/cut it to make it work), OEM 20”wheels and tires( you will need 17” rims with AT tires), front bumper ( you will need an SR5/trd bumper if you want to install a low profile aftermarket bumper).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ajsimeon 07-31-2019 11:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My 2014 “limited” even looks like a trd pro. Got the hood scoop today after getting lucky and finding a used blizzard pearl hood! Couldn’t justify paying full price for a hood scoop and painting it the limited only color blizzard pearl but it was a rare occurrence to find one used in that color. It’s hard enough finding a used scooped hood!

Yes it would've been a lot less work to just get a TRD Pro and call it a day. However, besides the exterior look, I love the Limited more than all the other trims. I could always change the exterior, but it's hard to change the internals (push start, leather, dual climate). I see they finally have it updated in 2020.

I waited patiently finding deals for all the exterior mods I did to make it look like I wanted. It was more work than cost but it sure was worth it!

btcsxj 08-01-2019 12:30 AM

99.5% of the people on this forum and anywhere else haven't driven their Trails/TRDOR/TRP-Pros in situations where a limited wouldn't keep up.

Get the limited and enjoy the cooled seats... I wish I would have.

Tisoy281 08-01-2019 07:25 AM

One awesome thing about the limited is the AWD on the 4x4's. I LOVE mine. It definitely grips the road 10x better than my SR5P 4x4 did. My wife gave me the go ahead, so I'm starting to mod mine little bit little. I ditched the 20's and put the 17 inch TRD OR wheels and ditched the side steps. I'm throwing a full length roof rack on it in about 3 weeks, and getting some new wheels also. Lift won't be done til next year some time, but as it sits, even with the XREAS, it is VERY capable.

MrGainzz 08-01-2019 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajsimeon (Post 3331137)
My 2014 “limited” even looks like a trd pro. Got the hood scoop today after getting lucky and finding a used blizzard pearl hood! Couldn’t justify paying full price for a hood scoop and painting it the limited only color blizzard pearl but it was a rare occurrence to find one used in that color. It’s hard enough finding a used scooped hood!

Yes it would've been a lot less work to just get a TRD Pro and call it a day. However, besides the exterior look, I love the Limited more than all the other trims. I could always change the exterior, but it's hard to change the internals (push start, leather, dual climate). I see they finally have it updated in 2020.

I waited patiently finding deals for all the exterior mods I did to make it look like I wanted. It was more work than cost but it sure was worth it!

Do they make pearl white hood scoop? I thought white hood scoop was more common since trd off road has white color. Do you have more pics of your limited ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk