Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   A lil help... perfect alignment but pulls right (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/275861-lil-help-perfect-alignment-but-pulls-right.html)

xcalbr2 08-02-2019 10:10 AM

A lil help... perfect alignment but pulls right

Happy Friday to all!
Looking for a bit of help or suggestions. I have a 2012 Limited with Eibach lift, JBA HighCaster uca's, level8 rims and Falken AT3s.
It was lifted in Jan and was fine until recently.

I have had it aligned twice at two different shops now and alignment is good.
However, it pulls right when you let off the accelerator.

I have checked the front brakes (removed pads and rotors and cleaned everything up and put back with new pins and springs). Dealer replaced drivers side wheel bearing over 2 months ago but pass side is original.
No play/noise from CV axles etc...
Edit: Front tires are NEW and have been swapped side to side and pull remains to right when let off accel.
Any ideas?
Thanks
X

T4R_KAI 08-02-2019 11:54 AM

Drainage gradient typically slopes to the right for all roads.

ScarfaceT4R 08-02-2019 11:58 AM

^This.

*Especially in Missouri where there's actually rain/water.

Unlike...:violin:

xcalbr2 08-02-2019 12:08 PM

I understand the crown of the road etc.
What I dont understand is it drives straight as long as you are on the go pedal.
If let off (coasting) it very noticeably pulls to the right.
Braking has no effect/pull.
Note this is a limited AWD model
Thanks

83Mule 08-02-2019 06:05 PM

There is a torque reaction ON throttle......it is probably just enough to cancel the crown effect. On my locked truck it is very pronounced and I can actually ''steer'' the truck with throttle application!

gbarr 08-02-2019 07:12 PM

Check out the Lexus GX460 site. There are a number of folks on that site who have had to dial in a few more degrees of caster to one side, I don't remember if the added caster is to the driver side or the passenger side. You might check with the service dept at Sterling McCall Lexus in Houston Texas as they do this a lot on the GX460 to correct this exact problem you are having. I know I know it might take some talking with a REAL alignment shop To have this done, but whatever works right.

Bumbo 08-02-2019 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbarr (Post 3332210)
might take some talking with a REAL alignment shop To have this done, .

Those are becoming harder and harder to find every day... I got a great guy; You can have a conversion with him about what ur experiencing and their experience translates directly into what and where to adjust.

I go out of my way to give him business.

xcalbr2 08-04-2019 03:04 PM

Gbar- thank you. I am fine with talking with anyone about anything so not a problem there. Hard part is to get someone to actually listen and not just know what you need to fix the issue you think you have.

Bumbo- mind sharing the guys/ shops name?
Thanks.

Weird thing is no one can get me more than 3.9 caster with the JBA UCAs now. Something has changed.
Would having old wheel bearings on pass side and new on driers cause something like this?
Or a dragging back brake?
I don’t remember it pulling right with normal alignment prior except for radial pull which I had with two bad Wildpeaks on front.
Thanks all

83Mule 08-04-2019 08:14 PM

I had mine aligned at 4wheel parts and it was set to 3.9 on one side and 4.2 on the other I believe........call them and see.

xcalbr2 08-07-2019 11:06 AM

Anyone around St. Louis area have a good alignment shop/guy to recommend?
Also a top notch Toyota dealer while your at it.
Thanks
X

tm965 08-07-2019 12:15 PM

check your LCA bushings. ive had issues with pulling right under accel and pulling left under hard decel since installing a lift on my limited. have had numerous alignments, both from dealer and a good shop from a tech who is a member here, so its not that. i've also nitced that its pretty easy to knock my car out of alignment too. I think the UCA bushings are the culprith as mine have significant lateral play when turning lock to lock at a standstill. I occasionally get a pop noise under load when turning sharply at low speed too. Getting them looked at by the dealer over the weekend to see if i can get the LCAs covered under warranty. If not, ill prob be ordering a set of dirt king LCAs. hoping that helps solve my steering wobble/vibration too.

mteolus 08-07-2019 01:05 PM

Does it behave the same if you lock the center diff?

xcalbr2 08-07-2019 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mteolus (Post 3334428)
Does it behave the same if you lock the center diff?

I have not tried that (limited awd) but will tonight.

How does one check the lca bushings?
Thanks

samwhich 08-07-2019 04:30 PM

Usually a really experienced alignment guy will slightly tweak the toe on the passenger side to avoid road crown drift rather than just go strictly on spec numbers.

Even if not done I wouldn't think it would be as noticeable as what you are describing.

xcalbr2 08-08-2019 09:52 AM

LCA's

8 Attachment(s)
So do these look ok? Seemed to have some play if manipulated with pry bar.