Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Predator side steps or similar (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/276319-predator-side-steps-similar.html)

DeltaWhiskey 08-14-2019 03:05 PM

Predator side steps or similar

So my wife is 5'2 and really wants me to get side steps. I like the looks of the OEM Toyota Predator steps, but they are pricy even at wholesale. I see the N-Fab ones get some good reviews as well.
Any solid recommendations?

EboneCapone 08-14-2019 03:18 PM

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

PT938-89100

I bought these off Amazon for the same reason. Wife didn't like sliders, so still wanted to get a full step. They fit well, except drivers side front does hit the mud flat some, but it doesn't bother me. Didn't think the price was too bad.

jhguth 08-14-2019 03:22 PM

you can buy steps that clamp onto sliders:
STEPS CLAMP ON - STREETACOS

Bumbo 08-14-2019 03:22 PM

Man... I tried so long to sell a set for cheap, then for free, and no one wanted them.

Ended up in a dumpster because of a move, I would have gladly given you my OEM steps.

I would make a posting in the classifieds here... people who upgrade to sliders would be in a similar position as me.

LIT4R 08-14-2019 03:26 PM

I have a set of OEM side steps on my 18 TRDOR and am about to pull the trigger on some sliders. If interested, PM me and maybe we can work out a price.

DeltaWhiskey 08-14-2019 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIT4R (Post 3338789)
I have a set of OEM side steps on my 18 TRDOR and am about to pull the trigger on some sliders. If interested, PM me and maybe we can work out a price.

pm sent

Rightside Up 08-14-2019 03:42 PM

Check at the top of this page.
I sold mine for $125

97BlackAckCL 08-14-2019 03:43 PM

I love my N-Fab steps, they look great and I got them from a member on here.

DeltaWhiskey 08-14-2019 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rightside Up (Post 3338801)
Check at the top of this page.
I sold mine for $125

Not sure what you mean?

the_fornicator 08-14-2019 04:27 PM

I personally hate the functionality of the nfab side steps (I have them). You have to swing your door out completely open for the steps to be useful. Otherwise, the steps are easily a solid 8"-9" too far forward. Where my foot naturally wants to step is half way on the rear arm of the front step. Some people don't find an issue with it, but a fair number of people have the same complaint.

So, with the nfab side steps, your wife still might complain lol just something to keep in mind.

Personally, I love the tyger steps but I can't get them since they don't sell them in Canada, but you can buy them at Walmart in the US for a great price.

Rightside Up 08-14-2019 04:27 PM

5th. Gen. For sale thread , at the top of this page.

Rightside Up 08-14-2019 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_fornicator (Post 3338833)
I personally hate the functionality of the nfab side steps (I have them). You have to swing your door out completely open for the steps to be useful. Otherwise, the steps are easily a solid 8"-9" too far forward. Where my foot naturally wants to step is half way on the rear arm of the front step. Some people don't find an issue with it, but a fair number of people have the same complaint.

So, with the nfab side steps, your wife still might complain lol just something to keep in mind.

Personally, I love the tyer steps but I can't get them since they don't sell them in Canada, but you can buy them at Walmart in the US for a great price.

I had the Toyota version. I thought they sucked too.

90Duck 08-14-2019 05:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I went with these iArmor step rails from Amazon.

Cheap, easy install, and the wife and I both like the looks and the function better than the OEM running boards or the Nfab design.

https://www.amazon.com/APS-Off-Road-...s%2C212&sr=8-4

Harrisnc 08-14-2019 05:27 PM

I had the N-FAB step bars on mine until recently. I really wanted sliders when I bought them but I needed steps for the family and every slider had a 12 week lead time. They worked really well as steps into the back seat for my kid. I finally ordered a set of step sliders. My n-fabs are listed in the forsale section here.

Harrisnc 08-14-2019 05:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Also, have you looked at the n-fab rkr rails. They look like rock sliders, bolt to the running board location and have a detachable step.