Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Polls (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/polls/)
-   -   Conceal Carry Preference (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/polls/276567-conceal-carry-preference.html)

T4R_KAI 08-19-2019 06:53 PM

Conceal Carry Preference

I started a thread last week about the ideal handgun to carry for a CCW. I got a lot of good feedback and ultimately came down to 2.

If you believe a different option is better, leave a comment.

DingusGoziña 08-20-2019 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T4R_KAI (Post 3341785)
I started a thread last week about the ideal handgun to carry for a CCW. I got a lot of good feedback and ultimately came down to 2.

If you believe a different option is better, leave a comment.

Please link the thread. I am assuming it came down to CZ P10 C?

Edit didn't see poll. My vote is for the CZ P10 either Compact or Subcompact

Dr. Evil 09-03-2019 09:34 PM

Had an MP9c with external safety. It's ok but the trigger is awful. You can very slowly squeeze the trigger all the way without releasing the striker.

My department issue is a glock 19. I've never really liked them until this one. After about 1k rounds they really grow on you. At least mine did. It's so consistent it's scary.

Overall the biggest factor is to train. I don't care if it's a ruger sr22, train. No one rises to the occasion, we fall to our level of training.

Charlievee 09-03-2019 09:51 PM

If i was to carry every day, every where. I would carry a Walther P99c, DA/SA striker fired 10rnd w/ a 15 rnd spare. Carry with a long 11lbs pull, after the first round, 4lbs pull. Add some true glow night sites and a custom cross draw holster. Its one of the few handguns that is DA/SA without a hammer or safety. Been around the world, tried and true for decades.

mnofpeace 09-23-2019 09:51 AM

I have an older Star-Firestar M43 in 9mm. i used to have the same model in .45 ACP, but it was a little heavy for my tastes. its a very nice mini-1911 style semi auto pistol.

I am considering getting a S&W M&P Bodyguard with a laser sight...they seem pretty nice, small, and reliable. im getting too old to be fighting people in the street if it comes to that...

BigDouggieDoug 09-23-2019 10:00 AM

M&P Shield.

Dinosaur Overland 09-24-2019 07:09 AM

I really like my Glocks

WildBill1990 09-24-2019 07:41 AM

I carry the M&P9 2.0 with the 4.25" barrel and tritium sights, the new ones fixed the trigger issue that a previous member posted about. My recommendation would be to go to a local range as most of them around here do a rental program where you can pay like $10/hr and shoot their guns but you have to run their ammo through it (which can be a little more expensive). This way you can see which is more comfortable for you to shoot. Keep in mind the M&P9 2.0 comes with changeable hand grips so you can change the comfort level if that's an issue.

I also agree that training is the most important thing no matter what you go with. look into any local courses that offer more advanced training or get involved with you local gun club that may hold competitions. I have found steel shooting competitions to be a huge training aid because it helps put you in a little higher stress situation as its timed and depends on reasonable accuracy plus everyone is usually super friendly and willing to help with any form issues you might have.

Next step: Holster. Go with Aliengear. You wont be disappointed.

Narat_524 09-24-2019 04:01 PM

CZ P-07 or Sig P365 or Sig P365XL if if need the size.

Wouldn't shy away from the M&P if the trigger was nice, the Glock would be ok if it fit my hand better.

Narat

Beer Hounds 09-24-2019 09:30 PM

Appendix carry Smith and Wesson Shield in a Blade-tech holster. Can't beat it.

Blue 4ever Runner 10-12-2019 04:14 PM

Glock 32.

Hammer0313 10-13-2019 07:27 AM

Glock 357 Sig with Speer Gold Dots:girl: I can’t say my carry is any better than others but I like the power and capacity.

Nuke 10-21-2019 12:19 PM

With my build and our Florida weather, I rarely can get by with anything as large as a G19 (besides, its my wife's G19). I carry a G43 daily and my BUG is an LCP.

Although we do have acreage and you'll rarely find me without my G17 strapped to my thigh or my G43 with extra mags on hand. Too many snakes, bobcat, panther and coyote to protect our dogs from. :eyebrows:

JoeT4R 06-05-2020 09:58 PM

I've carried 3 different pistols for duty use:
1.) SIG P229 .357 w/ DAK trigger
2.) Glock 17 9MM
3.) Glock 22 .40S&W

Out of all 3, I shoot the G22 the best and most accurately. I absolutely love it and even carry it off duty, aiwb. Carry whatever you are most consistent and accurate with, train the most with, despite what anyone says about it/caliber/etc.

NoLight 06-14-2020 05:53 AM

I am a huge fan of the dak triggers for training.. Really forces you to control your trigger/grip. I have a 40 229 with Dak really like it.