Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   My baby finally got new shoes (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/276587-my-baby-finally-got-new-shoes.html)

jb24dolphins 08-20-2019 09:25 AM

My baby finally got new shoes

1 Attachment(s)
Did the Bilstein lift when ifirst got her, been waiting a while now to pic out the wheels and tires I truly wanted...Went with Fuel 17x9 +2 Wheels and 285 Trail Grapplers, it looks like a completely different vehicle now...happy birthday to me.

PS 2.5"setting up stock front spring up front, 1.5 spacer on back

Slight rub only on driver's side and full left lock in reverse going slow...will do both fender mods, and should be good....until I can pay for the damn Icon lift I want...it never ends

CMS516 08-20-2019 10:43 AM

Rims look great

jb24dolphins 08-20-2019 10:57 AM

Thank you, I had been waiting a while to find the ones that I knew were an instant yes when I saw them

El Dusty 08-20-2019 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb24dolphins (Post 3342076)
Slight rub only on driver's side and full left lock in reverse going slow...will do both fender mods, and should be good....until I can pay for the damn Icon lift I want...it never ends

Nice looking ride. A full front bumper will get rid of that rub for ya. Just saying :cheers:

the_fornicator 08-20-2019 11:12 AM

With that set up, I'm surprised you're not rubbing the front mud flaps / body mount at full lock either. I put some chalk on body mount and did full lock while in drive and reverse and noticed slight rubbing.

Also, with the Bilsteins, I'm running 0.5 or so caster in the front -the stock UCAs are pretty limiting.

jb24dolphins 08-20-2019 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_fornicator (Post 3342109)
With that set up, I'm surprised you're not rubbing the front mud flaps / body mount at full lock either. I put some chalk on body mount and did full lock while in drive and reverse and noticed slight rubbing.

Also, with the Bilsteins, I'm running 0.5 or so caster in the front -the stock UCAs are pretty limiting.

I am rubbing the mudflaps barely at full lock, it's getting an alignment done tomorrow buy a guy who specializes in lifted yotas...I may come back with out mudflaps and some trim on the numper haha

jb24dolphins 08-20-2019 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Dusty (Post 3342106)
Nice looking ride. A full front bumper will get rid of that rub for ya. Just saying :cheers:

Give me time fine sir...love the ecotechne, what are you running?

El Dusty 08-20-2019 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb24dolphins (Post 3342190)
Give me time fine sir...love the ecotechne, what are you running?

Nice, I have the old pelfreybilt aluminum one. Its a big commitment but well worth the time and money imo.