Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Help: How to remotely roll down back window on2012 4Runner SR5 (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/276766-help-how-remotely-roll-down-back-window-on2012-4runner-sr5.html)

rbpower 08-24-2019 09:17 PM

Help: How to remotely roll down back window on2012 4Runner SR5

Thanks in advance. I had a 3rd gen, just got rid of my 4th gen and purchased this 5th gen this week. I am really missing the feature where I can roll down the back window with the key remote. I have spent an hour or so searching and scrolling through here (including the "things you didn't know about your 4runner") to no avail. I gather that each year and trim operate differently. Anyone who can help me that knows specifically about the 2012 SR5?

I know this is a small thing, but I use that feature daily.

mo_mo 08-24-2019 10:33 PM

I don’t believe you can... no idea why. You can roll the four side windows down by programming (Carista/dealer/...) with a press and hold of the remote. Otherwise you can turn the key in the rear hatch door and make magic. If you find a way to hot wire the remote fob to get the rear window down, let us know.

rigtec 08-24-2019 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbpower (Post 3344603)
Thanks in advance. I had a 3rd gen, just got rid of my 4th gen and purchased this 5th gen this week. I am really missing the feature where I can roll down the back window with the key remote. I have spent an hour or so searching and scrolling through here (including the "things you didn't know about your 4runner") to no avail. I gather that each year and trim operate differently. Anyone who can help me that knows specifically about the 2012 SR5?

I know this is a small thing, but I use that feature daily.

Hi rbpower,

If you have a "Tech-Stream" scanner cable, I'll post a link so you can customize any/ALL of the 4Runner's features! This firmware is compatible with WIN-32 and WIN-64 bit, and works with XP, WIN-7, 8, 10... not too sure about "Vista"(?)!

Here's the techstream link that will work with a $30 dollar cable:

TIS V12.30.017 - Google Drive

Just buy a MINI-VCI J2534 cable and use this firmware... It will work! 'Best to you',

~rig~

Whippersnapper02 08-24-2019 11:13 PM

Not an option with the 5th gen.

rbpower 08-25-2019 10:34 AM

Thanks for the replies. Should I use techstream or Carista? Is there a benefit to one over the other? I am hoping for ease of use. Even still, I have not seen any posts that anyone else has done this.

meltdown 08-25-2019 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbpower (Post 3344766)
Thanks for the replies. Should I use techstream or Carista? Is there a benefit to one over the other? I am hoping for ease of use. Even still, I have not seen any posts that anyone else has done this.

I have Carista. As stated above, you can use the key fob to open the side windows, but it will not open the rear. I know of no option that will allow you to remotely open the rear hatch window.

Blu42 08-25-2019 02:36 PM

So with the 4th gen someone spent a good amount of time coming up with a solution to roll up the back window using the key fob. Obviously we lack a rear window button on the fob. I've been thinking about whether or not this could be adapted to use the unlock signal or rewire the panic trigger signal to trigger the window signal with pac tr7. Id imagine if one was willing to use a second remote it would be really easy. But who would want to do that?

These are the two mods im looking at for inspiration.

Back Window Up Hack with Factory Key Fob

Ultimate camping mod- rear window up / down and hatch pop with ignition off!

WeaverWavelength 01-17-2021 03:32 PM

Did you ever find or implement a rear window remote control? I’m new to this Forum and having problems to figure out it’s structure and not finding much on hatch window matters. Newly-acquired 2013 SR5 here.

4r-4ever 01-20-2021 12:20 PM

I have a 2020 sr5 4runner and according to the manual, you have to contact the dealer to have it enabled. i like the idea of just pressing the button but using only the key to open and close it is fine too. no big deal since i don't use it often.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeaverWavelength (Post 3592790)
Did you ever find or implement a rear window remote control? I’m new to this Forum and having problems to figure out it’s structure and not finding much on hatch window matters. Newly-acquired 2013 SR5 here.