Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Off-Roading (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-roading/)
-   -   Overlanding showers (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-roading/276972-overlanding-showers.html)

04rnr 08-29-2019 09:58 PM

Overlanding showers

ok all, hope this is the right place...
Who all has a camp shower? what ya got? what ya like about it? what ya dont like about it?
just srtating to looking into this showering as Id like to spend the whole weekend(s) in in the hills lol
:thumb:

Jeff_DML 08-30-2019 11:38 AM

last trip I went on that "required" a shower my buddies just had those solar shower bags that are cheap on Amazon. I plan to get one that next time I want to shower.

Jeff_DML 08-30-2019 11:39 AM

like this

https://www.amazon.com/CARTMAN-Porta...gateway&sr=8-8

not sure if this one is any good but it cheap:madgrin:

JAXJeremy 08-30-2019 11:51 AM

check out waterport..this is the one I've been looking at for camping.

Home - WaterPORT

Kamalani Mahie 09-01-2019 03:27 AM

I've got the road shower and love it. Pressurize it and empty it in one go. A bit bigger and heavier than other products out there but more durable and sleek on a rack as well.

Direwolf82 09-01-2019 07:30 AM

We always used sun showers on the boat. Nice and warm, decent amount of water stored.
What do you do in a single weekend of camping that requires a shower anyways?

04rnr 09-01-2019 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direwolf82 (Post 3348411)
We always used sun showers on the boat. Nice and warm, decent amount of water stored.
What do you do in a single weekend of camping that requires a shower anyways?

I just like to take a shower every morning, you dont?
:shrug:

RonJR 09-02-2019 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04rnr (Post 3348424)

Not at 10,000 feet in the Colorado Rockies when it's 40 degrees in the morning! I go camping to get away from all that civilized stuff. I just roll out of the tent, put on my shoes, jacket, and hat, and start making coffee.

I will heat some water and do a sponge bath periodically if I'm out multiple days, on a warm afternoon.

DZNUTS 09-03-2019 07:00 PM

My buddy brings a leg full of water. We throw it on the fire for a bit and set it up his annex or my annex. Works great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04rnr 09-03-2019 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DZNUTS (Post 3349580)
My buddy brings a leg full of water. We throw it on the fire for a bit and set it up his annex or my annex. Works great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whats a "leg" but sounds like a good idea

Direwolf82 09-06-2019 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04rnr (Post 3348424)

Taking a shower every morning is a nice feature but I don't let the shower situation be the deciding factor about camping. Normally there is a stream or some body of water to play in and clean up a bit when the need arises.
I go out to get in the woods and away from civilisation and society, a little old fashioned dirt does a body good.
But to each his own obviously and if a shower is what makes it happen for you more power to you.
I was just asking out of curiosity.

MSRP. 09-06-2019 01:47 PM

Nearest body of water without paying for access!
A box of 80 wet wipes is also only $2 from walmart--easy to pack out as well.

jhguth 09-10-2019 09:39 AM

i need a recommendation for a cheap basic pop-up shower tent

don't need a $500 instagram worthy overland setup, just hoping for a first-hand recommendation that it won't fall apart on the first use before just picking at random on amazon or walmart

whiplashtx 09-10-2019 06:51 PM

Here is what I use. Magellan Outdoors Portable 1 Person Utility Tent | Academy

I hang the 5 gallon solar bag from it and while it holds the 40lbs of water ok, I sewed in a reinforcement strap so it doesn't sag as much. The frame is quite strong and it's fairly easy to set up. Mine's lasted 2 years of vacation use so far. Only real down side to this setup is I'm over 6' and have to get on my knees to wash my hair since the bag and shower head hang down well over a foot.

Dillusion 09-10-2019 09:35 PM

People really over think stuff.

I take (2) of these on our weekend long fishing trips. Good enough to shower with a give me water to cook with and lasts all weekend.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Reliance-...-Gallon/872426