Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   ABS Wheel Speed Sensor - Rear Harness (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/277075-abs-wheel-speed-sensor-rear-harness.html)

joemaritime28 09-01-2019 09:12 PM

ABS Wheel Speed Sensor - Rear Harness

I have multiple dash indicator lights that have come on. ABS, VSC, Traction control and check engine light. They have been on for awhile now, but when I rotated my tires the other day, they shut off and stayed off for a day or two.

Is this most likely the ABS Wheel Speed Sensor? And is there only two sensors, rear and front?

djkurious 09-01-2019 10:48 PM

There is a sensor on each wheel. I had this problem before and using techstream I narrowed it down to a broken connection before the harness. Crimped in new wire and all has been well since.

earthrealm 09-02-2019 11:19 AM

if you have the $20 bluetooth scanner, it can still pinpoint the specific wheel abs that may be bad. download the app MOTORDATA from playstore, and pay a lil extra for extended feautures. i had similar problem a couple of months ago. resolved

AuSeeker 09-02-2019 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earthrealm (Post 3348835)
if you have the $20 bluetooth scanner, it can still pinpoint the specific wheel abs that may be bad. download the app MOODATA from playstore, and pay a lil extra for extended feautures. i had similar problem a couple of months ago. resolved

For the app you're suggesting, I'm assuming you're referring to Google Play Store(?), if so i when there and couldn't find the app you mentioned, I could only find "MotorData" and "Motolink", these are the only two apps that are even close to...MOODATA, if you would could you clarify or even better post a link to the app?

earthrealm 09-03-2019 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AuSeeker (Post 3348875)
For the app you're suggesting, I'm assuming you're referring to Google Play Store(?), if so i when there and couldn't find the app you mentioned, I could only find "MotorData" and "Motolink", these are the only two apps that are even close to...MOODATA, if you would could you clarify or even better post a link to the app?

SORRY, TWAS A TYpo, see the link here. its motordata

MotorData OBD Car Diagnostics. ELM OBD2 scanner - Apps on Google Play