Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   New Members (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/new-members/)
-   -   Long time lurker, now 2020 owner! (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/new-members/277491-long-time-lurker-now-2020-owner.html)

Sillylikeagoose 09-12-2019 09:28 PM

Long time lurker, now 2020 owner!

1 Attachment(s)
This past Saturday I picked up my Off-road premium in Vallejo, which was a 3 hour drive for me. I was searching on a whim at 2 am when I noticed there were a few up for sale. It had a whole 3 miles on it. I had just signed when another sales associate asked about the keys for another customer, so I doubt it would have lasted the day. It was exactly the configuration I wanted and I couldn't be happier.

I am so excited to start my journey and I am so excited to have this forum to turn to. I want to take it slow because I'd rather get exactly what I want the first time. I feel like there are plenty of trips to take nearby that wont need any higher lift or any grippier tires, but once my current set wears out, that's when I'll look to upgrade. I have taken my running boards off since I've taken this pic, and it looks way better.

I am totally open to any and all questions.

MojoHD160 09-12-2019 10:24 PM

And your call sign is Maverick? :focus: Great choice in color, white has extra 100 cool points!!!

Phyzman 09-12-2019 10:32 PM

Congrats on the new ride, fellow Californian. Seems Toyota is pushing running boards *hard* on Californians. Not sure why. I wish you could have purchased yours w/o those boards. Shame to have to pay for them only to remove them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hsl11 09-13-2019 12:45 PM

Congrats! What did you end up paying?

Pure4Runner 09-13-2019 03:31 PM

Those 2 am finds are usually the best! Congrats!

NoLight 09-14-2019 06:56 PM

Nice welcome!!

tomb_rnr 09-14-2019 08:14 PM

Congrats! I remember when I picked up mine in April this year!

Dmsea1 09-18-2019 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sillylikeagoose (Post 3354882)
This past Saturday I picked up my Off-road premium in Vallejo, which was a 3 hour drive for me. I was searching on a whim at 2 am when I noticed there were a few up for sale. It had a whole 3 miles on it. I had just signed when another sales associate asked about the keys for another customer, so I doubt it would have lasted the day. It was exactly the configuration I wanted and I couldn't be happier.

I am so excited to start my journey and I am so excited to have this forum to turn to. I want to take it slow because I'd rather get exactly what I want the first time. I feel like there are plenty of trips to take nearby that wont need any higher lift or any grippier tires, but once my current set wears out, that's when I'll look to upgrade. I have taken my running boards off since I've taken this pic, and it looks way better.

Congrats on the new Runner again, nice to see a pic! More Pics is always appreciated. I am in So Cal, will be grabbing the same one here soon, just waiting for more to roll out. Quick question, does your 2020 have auto dimming for the Infotainment unit and dash lights?

menotti 09-19-2019 01:44 PM

nice! I am in the market for a 2020 myself. good luck!

Crikeymike 09-19-2019 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phyzman (Post 3354932)
Congrats on the new ride, fellow Californian. Seems Toyota is pushing running boards *hard* on Californians. Not sure why. I wish you could have purchased yours w/o those boards. Shame to have to pay for them only to remove them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, bolted-on port-installed add ons really boost their profits a lot.

Remember those horrible FJ Cruiser roof racks that came on them? They were installed in the port and they charged like $800-1100 from memory for those damn things. Now they're offering the same design from the same company for the 4Runners....

Crikeymike 09-19-2019 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sillylikeagoose (Post 3354882)

And welcome!!

I'll only buy a white one whenever the time comes to replace mine!!

tgraham09 09-22-2019 03:41 PM

Awesome ride!! I am in the exact same position...reading here forever, now just waiting on my 2020 to arrive in October!

OffRoadScott 09-22-2019 07:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Super jealous, one day I will have a 5th Gen.

Until then I will be content with my 3rd Gen 4Runner and my 80.

4Runneraround 09-23-2019 11:36 PM

kdss with no moonroof? yeah!!! Wondering if it has the cargo tray. I am in talks now trying to get one with a cargo tray, no moonroof and they are talking special order (I figure port order).

Haybale 09-24-2019 02:27 PM

Sweet. Currently looking for the right one for my wife. I’m goin to stick with my 3rd gens.