Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   looking to buy this skidplate for my 4RUNNER (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/277747-looking-buy-skidplate-my-4runner.html)

rdesouza74 09-19-2019 03:16 PM

looking to buy this skidplate for my 4RUNNER

6 Attachment(s)
Anybody in the group have one of these skidplates for sale by chance? I'd appreciate it. pictures are what I want to do with my 4runner. I added a picture with the part number also for reference. this is a Tacoma skid that I've heard fit the 4th Gen 4runners too. mine is 07 thanks again

Attachment 344364

JVC8790 09-19-2019 04:38 PM

Looks to be discontinued, but there are Tundra/Sequoia ones available

OEM Front Skid Plate with Mounting Kit for 03-07 Toyota Tundra Sequoia New | eBay

Wonder if it might be easily possible to make other brackets to fit a 4Runner or modify the ones that come with the skid? I've actually never seen the one you posted, so I might look into this as an option to retrofit the Tundra one.

winstonrodney 09-19-2019 05:28 PM

The way that sticks out in front of the base of the stock bumper looks like it'd just be a damage multiplier if you hit anything substantial.
RCI makes a filler skid plate to go between the front skid and the stock front bumper.

Whytey 09-19-2019 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdesouza74 (Post 3358490)
Anybody in the group have one of these skidplates for sale by chance? I'd appreciate it. pictures are what I want to do with my 4runner. I added a picture with the part number also for reference. this is a Tacoma skid that I've heard fit the 4th Gen 4runners too. mine is 07 thanks again

Attachment 344364

I'm hoping to get a steel front bumper soon so mine might be up for sale.

riceandpho 09-20-2019 06:54 AM

its only for looks man, but if you do find it new, they come with both brackets and 2 riv nuts, and some bolts, the riv nuts go in the frame. good thing about the skid plate is its made in canada i think.

rdesouza74 09-20-2019 11:10 AM

i'm only seeing the tundra ones, i've called around and hey would be ok, but for sure bigger and brackets are different bolt location. its just for looks for sure, mine is not the 4x4 so I know I wont be beating on it or anything, light camping with the fur kids and all.

Bumbo 09-20-2019 06:55 PM

I don’t know if I would even consider buying something like that… I don’t really see it providing much protection as a traditional skid plate other than being more of a brush guard for the front bumper.

benztech82 09-25-2019 12:07 AM

It could be useful if it would be solid without cutouts. That's what i need to prevent mud plugging the rad during deep mud bogging.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

rwelch53 09-25-2019 09:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Is this what you are looking for?

2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4.0L V6 AT Valance Panel (Front). SILVER MEDIUM. LIMD, Body, APPEARANCE - 5390135150B0 - Genuine Toyota Part