Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   General Discussions (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/general-discussions/)
-   -   4Runner TRD Pro "drop in basket" (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/general-discussions/277963-4runner-trd-pro-drop-basket.html)

BajaRack 09-25-2019 03:53 PM

4Runner TRD Pro "drop in basket"

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Group,

We are developing a new basket that will fit inside the factory rack on a TRD Pro vehicle, we have done the same for the FJ Cruiser in the past and we want to get your input.
On a different note the accessories we make for the factory FJ Rack are compatible with the TRD Pro rack.

Thank you
Sergio

MRKNJS 10-03-2019 03:40 PM

I'm interested!

BajaRack 10-03-2019 04:42 PM

Perfect, we are thinking of leaving a space between our rack and the rear of the factory rack to avoid any interference with the satellite antena.

Ausumm 10-04-2019 03:00 PM

Does it fit on other T4R models?

Brick Sprickly 10-04-2019 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ausumm (Post 3366702)
Does it fit on other T4R models?

I think is specifically designed to fit the internal width of the Pro rack, no probably not.

BajaRack 10-07-2019 04:48 PM

Hello Ausumm, this particular basket will only fit inside the TRD Pro rack just like Brick mentioned, we already have small basket that replaces the factory roof rack, please check the following link:
Products | United States | Bajarack

If you have any additional questions please let us know.

4runnerDreaming 10-12-2019 01:03 AM

I would def be interested in a product like this

BajaRack 10-30-2019 02:20 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BajaRack (Post 3361772)
Hello Group,

We are developing a new basket that will fit inside the factory rack on a TRD Pro vehicle, we have done the same for the FJ Cruiser in the past and we want to get your input.
On a different note the accessories we make for the factory FJ Rack are compatible with the TRD Pro rack.
Products | United States | Bajarack
Thank you
Sergio

Hello guys this is what the product is going to look like..... any comments?

-E5J- 10-31-2019 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BajaRack (Post 3380488)
Hello guys this is what the product is going to look like..... any comments?

I like it and I'm interested... a few questions:

1) will it come powder coated or painted?
2) is it possible to either make the windscreen sit more flush to the roof, increase the overall height, or adjust the windscreen down to roof level?
3) what is the construction material? is it aluminum (hopefully)?
4) is it possible to get one with an expanded sheet floor instead of crossbars?
5) cost?

Great idea... I had the same thought and have a local aluminum fabricator i was going to ask to fab one up for me...

Thanks,
Jason

BajaRack 11-01-2019 11:50 AM

Hello Jason, here's the answers to your questions:

1) will it come powder coated or painted? It will have a 2 stage powder coating, the first one a Gray primer and a black finish
2) is it possible to either make the windscreen sit more flush to the roof, increase the overall height, or adjust the windscreen down to roof level? No, the problem with wind deflector that touch the surface of the roof is that they rub and with time blemish the paint
3) what is the construction material? is it aluminum (hopefully)? Steel frame / Aluminum wind deflector
4) is it possible to get one with an expanded sheet floor instead of crossbars? We haven't consider expanded metal but we can definitely offer that option
5) cost? Around $700

Thank you

Sergio

-E5J- 11-04-2019 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BajaRack (Post 3381644)
Hello Jason, here's the answers to your questions:

1) will it come powder coated or painted? It will have a 2 stage powder coating, the first one a Gray primer and a black finish
2) is it possible to either make the windscreen sit more flush to the roof, increase the overall height, or adjust the windscreen down to roof level? No, the problem with wind deflector that touch the surface of the roof is that they rub and with time blemish the paint
3) what is the construction material? is it aluminum (hopefully)? Steel frame / Aluminum wind deflector
4) is it possible to get one with an expanded sheet floor instead of crossbars? We haven't consider expanded metal but we can definitely offer that option
5) cost? Around $700

Thank you

Sergio

Thank you, Sergio.

Very interested... Would you be putting together a group buy discount for the T4R members? Also, what is the weight?

BajaRack 11-04-2019 06:21 PM

Jason, there will be a group buy with a special price for the first 20 customers , once we have the details we will release the information. The rack will weigh around 35 Lb.

-E5J- 11-04-2019 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BajaRack (Post 3383399)
Jason, there will be a group buy with a special price for the first 20 customers , once we have the details we will release the information. The rack will weigh around 35 Lb.

Very nice, very interested... All aluminum would be even better...

BajaRack 11-13-2019 08:11 PM

TRD Pro Basket Bajarack

Hello Girls and Guys, next week we will complete the prototype, we are almost finished with our previous project. Once we have the prototype we will post pictures and cost.

Thank you

Sergio

rageandlove 11-18-2019 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BajaRack (Post 3389537)
Hello Girls and Guys, next week we will complete the prototype, we are almost finished with our previous project. Once we have the prototype we will post pictures and cost.

Thank you

Sergio

Hey there - just curious. Why not do the whole thing out of aluminum? Lighter and no rust over time. Given how many racks out there are full aluminum, can’t be strength. I love the concept, but I’d love it more if it weren’t steel.