Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   What do you carry on your Rago Modular Panels? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/278085-what-do-you-carry-your-rago-modular-panels.html)

Bay33saw 09-29-2019 03:51 PM

What do you carry on your Rago Modular Panels?

It could be other manufactures too, but I just bought a Rago rear set and I was wondering if anyone out there can post some pictures of your set up and what you all carry in the back.
I've been thinking Med Pack, Tow strap, flashlight and other stuff but I'd like to know what people have been carrying and not and what people use all the time.
I know everyone is different but I just want to see what others have done..

Thanks in advance.

trd6209 09-29-2019 04:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bay33saw (Post 3363723)
It could be other manufactures too, but I just bought a Rago rear set and I was wondering if anyone out there can post some pictures of your set up and what you all carry in the back.

I've been thinking Med Pack, Tow strap, flashlight and other stuff but I'd like to know what people have been carrying and not and what people use all the time.

I know everyone is different but I just want to see what others have done..

Thanks in advance.

I carry a first aid kit, an everyday carry kit, 3-cell flashlight, and a bag for hand tools. The other side has a Brooklyn Basher and a case.with Motorola handheld radios. I will be adding tow straps and a few other items as wellAttachment 344996Attachment 344997

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

trd6209 09-29-2019 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trd6209 (Post 3363749)
I carry a first aid kit, an everyday carry kit, 3-cell flashlight, and a bag for hand tools. The other side has a Brooklyn Basher and a case.with Motorola handheld radios. I will be adding tow straps and a few other items as wellAttachment 344996Attachment 344997

Forgot about my foldable shovel and hatchet. Still lots of room if you are patient with your molle setup.

Bay33saw 09-29-2019 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trd6209 (Post 3363749)

Sweet thanks for the quick reply, looks like a neat set up. Do those D rings rattle around a lot?

mrblah 09-29-2019 05:43 PM

since i hate rattling, and want to be able to get to things quickly, i have everything in MOLLE pouches on my panel.

trd6209 10-13-2019 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bay33saw (Post 3363782)
Sweet thanks for the quick reply, looks like a neat set up. Do those D rings rattle around a lot?

They do rattle a bit but 8t doesn't bother me. I like having them accessable. Could easily put them in a molle pouch and keep them quiet. I do like having this stuff up and off the deck.

mrblah 10-13-2019 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trd6209 (Post 3370846)
They do rattle a bit but 8t doesn't bother me. I like having them accessable. Could easily put them in a molle pouch and keep them quiet. I do like having this stuff up and off the deck.

i would loop the carbiners to your molle like you stated.. still easy to get too minus the loose change sound over bumps

Azrckcrawler 10-13-2019 07:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Used mine for tools/first aid/etc. The also serve as the base for my rear cargo shelf. Tied the unistrut to the panels with 3d printed brackets. Load is supported via two legs that go down to the floor.

ProfessorP 10-13-2019 08:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have Victory 4x4 molle storage panels. I mainly use them to store recovery gear and some small hand tools. Snatch strap, ropes, soft shackles, snatch blocks, tree savers, kayak tie-down straps, steel shackles, folding shovel, hi-lift jack base, etc. I made the basket on the left by welding expanded steel to 1/4” round stock.

Everything is attached to the panels with Velcro or Maxpedition polymer TacTie clips. The only exceptions are the ropes and kayak straps in the basket.

borfoo3 10-14-2019 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azrckcrawler (Post 3370883)
Used mine for tools/first aid/etc. The also serve as the base for my rear cargo shelf. Tied the unistrut to the panels with 3d printed brackets. Load is supported via two legs that go down to the floor.

Cool!

What did you use for that shelf? Sturdy enough to hold heavier camping gear?

DoubleRGirl 10-14-2019 10:15 AM

this might be a dumb question, how does this affect everyone's visibility?

97BlackAckCL 10-14-2019 10:18 AM

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...54d693b065.jpg

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...17a9f975cc.jpg

Azrckcrawler 10-14-2019 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borfoo3 (Post 3371081)
Cool!

What did you use for that shelf? Sturdy enough to hold heavier camping gear?

Made from black powder coated unistrut I order from McMaster Carr. Also needed a couple bags of t nuts, a few unistrut u brackets. Mesh was from a local metal shop. I have stacked full ammo cans, rifles, shooting table on it before. The vertical legs take the load, rago panels just locate it front to back. Fwiw I posted a shopping list to a thread a few months back.

The rear windows are useless for visibility from the driver's seat anyway so why not use the space?

baldrik78 10-14-2019 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleRGirl (Post 3371146)
this might be a dumb question, how does this affect everyone's visibility?

The side panels don't block anything. My Raingler cargo attic, on the other hand, blocks the uppder 1/3 of the back window from view in the mirror.

baldrik78 10-14-2019 12:50 PM

I've got a little of everything on mine. Recovery gear, first aid kit, spare hats, machete, Thermocell, camp sandles, etc.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...0d6da990_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...a9f332f1_b.jpg