Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Value of 06 4Runner V8 4WD with 180k miles (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/278224-value-06-4runner-v8-4wd-180k-miles.html)

cherishzm 10-03-2019 02:07 PM

Value of 06 4Runner V8 4WD with 180k miles

What would you be comfortable paying if you find one with great service history no accident no rust southern very hard to find V8 4Runner SR5?

That_Titanium_4RNR 10-03-2019 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherishzm (Post 3365993)
What would you be comfortable paying if you find one with great service history no accident no rust southern very hard to find V8 4Runner SR5?

Depends what you consider "great" service history. But I wouldn't pay more than 11K and that's very generous. I'm also partial to Limiteds though, an SR5 wouldn't really interest me much.

hinmo24t 10-03-2019 03:09 PM

$7k...

Stampeed Valkyrie 10-03-2019 03:12 PM

for a 2006 with a 180K I probably wouldn't go higher then $7K.

For a frame of reference.. I just recently acquired an 08 V6 SR5 with 134K for $6500.

Keep your eyes open and one will fall into your lap.

keada714 10-03-2019 03:33 PM

I paid 8500 plus 500 for a fly out and drive home for a 06 SE with 250k!! Its hard to come by these v8 4x4 here in California.

oldmarsh 10-03-2019 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherishzm (Post 3365993)

i have a 1997 for sale 180k

RonJR 10-03-2019 04:01 PM

Depends on where you are. In front range Colorado, that 11K number sounds pretty close, maybe even optimistic. In the upper midwest, probably 7-8000, but they throw in the rust for free.

If you look on Craigs list in Denver, you'll find very few listed below 13,000. They hold their value really well here.

apohl17 10-03-2019 04:24 PM

My input: you should be looking at the 8-9k range for the area. Everyone else is on par as well :rockon:

inscarguy 10-03-2019 05:07 PM

Basically depends on the area, cond, miles and if the dealer knows what they have. I found a dealer in NH that sells slightly worn vehicles(bumps, bruises, small mech items) for dirt cheap. So dealers like that slightly askew the pricing. You really can't give an exact price as these 4runners are all over the place with pricing.

I just found an 06 red limited v8 with 180,000 miles for 5600.00, yet a 06 limited in nh same color with 56k was 16500.

It all depends how you feel about it, cond, etc.. Sometimes you may pay more but it just may be the one.

I got my 08 limited at that place in NH, no body damage only needing some minor mech work for short money. I know he has about 7 4runners (sr5s, sports and limited. I think the highest price is 6500.00. I did see a black sr5 3 seat v8 there.

Good luck.

cherishzm 10-04-2019 10:17 AM

Thanks for all the inputs

Thanks guys for your inputs.

I'm going to look at it tomorrow and see how it looks, feels and drives and go from there. I'm little concerned with the high mileage even though I can see a full maintenance/repair history from Toyota dealership. Hope it won't require other major repairs soon. I do know it does need a timing belt/water pump service soon so I'll need to consider the cost of that.

But, I do know it's very hard to come across a rust-free, accident-free and well maintained V8 4WD so I may pull the trigger.

That_Titanium_4RNR 10-04-2019 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherishzm (Post 3366498)
Thanks guys for your inputs.

I'm going to look at it tomorrow and see how it looks, feels and drives and go from there. I'm little concerned with the high mileage even though I can see a full maintenance/repair history from Toyota dealership. Hope it won't require other major repairs soon. I do know it does need a timing belt/water pump service soon so I'll need to consider the cost of that.

But, I do know it's very hard to come across a rust-free, accident-free and well maintained V8 4WD so I may pull the trigger.

Future reference I would not consider a 4Runner that needs a timing belt and water pump change to have had "great" service history. That's something that should have been done a long time ago if they were maintaining the vehicle correctly. That job, brake calipers, and exhaust manifolds are all quite expensive if they need to be done. Ask me how I know.....

doofenshmirtz 10-04-2019 11:03 AM

at 180k, it's just "due" for its second timing belt change... hopefully.

If it were me, and a 180k mile '06 v8 4x4 was at a dealership, I'd be asking for the timing belt and water pump to be replaced pre-delivery included in the asking price. I wouldn't drive off the lot under my ownership without those being done. I drove for 3 years half-doubting that the previous owner actually did the timing belt change and it's no way of living, lol.

Exhaust manifolds are a PITA and expensive. I'm finally pulling the trigger on that, and I'm just hoping it doesn't spiral into a $3000 and 3 week install adventure. Already at $1000 just getting headers and studs. Then I'm sure I'll be chasing CELs and headaches for a while.

Brake calipers wasn't bad at all for me though. I bought NAPA ones that are lifetime warranty and already painted black so they won't rust as easily. If they seize, I literally just exchange them as long as I own my vehicle. I double checked with the store owner and even explained that these tend to seize regularly. "No problem. Bring them back and get new ones. If those seize, bring those back too." Got speed bleeders and bled the brakes in my garage by myself.

cherishzm 10-04-2019 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by That_Titanium_4RNR (Post 3366507)
Future reference I would not consider a 4Runner that needs a timing belt and water pump change to have had "great" service history. That's something that should have been done a long time ago if they were maintaining the vehicle correctly. That job, brake calipers, and exhaust manifolds are all quite expensive if they need to be done. Ask me how I know.....

Sorry I wasn't clear enough on timing belt/water pump - it was done at 90k miles so it'll be due again in the near future.

That_Titanium_4RNR 10-04-2019 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherishzm (Post 3366688)
Sorry I wasn't clear enough on timing belt/water pump - it was done at 90k miles so it'll be due again in the near future.

Ahh gotcha, well in that case, that's a very good sign

MrRoo 10-04-2019 03:36 PM

I searched a year before I found my 2004 V8 limited. I had to fly to Arizona to get it. Which is what I was looking for. Something that never saw moisture. It had 160,000 on it. One owner. Immaculate inside and out with all the history. If the guy farted in it. He had it maintained. I paid $8200. Very fair deal. That was 5 years ago now. Hard to find these clean not rusted out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk