Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Kicker AND Focal? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/278566-kicker-focal.html)

GX4SEVEND 10-13-2019 04:37 PM

Kicker AND Focal?

I’m already running the Kicker tweeters but I’m looking at replacing the front door speakers now.

So my question is can I hook up the Focal woofer and tweeter on the door and still use the kicker?

I’d much rather just plug the focal in and be done then changing the kickers out. Just wondering if anyone has done it. Stereos aren’t my thing so if this is a dumb question I apologize

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Narat_524 10-14-2019 11:11 AM

To make sure I understand what you're asking, you have the Kicker tweeters in the dash position, stock speakers in the door currently?

And you are wanting to put Focal woofers and tweeters in the doors?

If this is correct, couple more questions:
1) What Focal speaker set did you get?
2) Does this set have separate Crossovers?

If yes, then sure, you can add the Focal components to the door. You will have to drill some holes to mount the component tweeters (there's room for a tweeter above the 6X9 centerline, follow the same angle about 4" high) , and you'll need to locate a spot in the doors to mount the crossovers. Behind the armrest is an indention where there's room to sticky tape or velcro it.

Wire your stock speaker wire to the crossover, crossover to the woofer and tweeter (it's marked which wires go where), and voila.

Narat

GX4SEVEND 10-14-2019 03:44 PM

I haven’t purchased yet. Was looking at the I690toy I believe is the correct sku. Just the drop in replacements. I believe those tweeters are attached but not 100% on that.

Narat_524 10-15-2019 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GX4SEVEND (Post 3371360)
I haven’t purchased yet. Was looking at the I690toy I believe is the correct sku. Just the drop in replacements. I believe those tweeters are attached but not 100% on that.

IC690TOY is the coaxial speaker with built in tweeter. You can plug these in, no problem.

The IS690TOY are the separate component speakers, which you'd have to drill holes to mount the tweeters.

osugsxr 07-12-2022 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narat_524 (Post 3371910)
IC690TOY is the coaxial speaker with built in tweeter. You can plug these in, no problem.

The IS690TOY are the separate component speakers, which you'd have to drill holes to mount the tweeters.

Just installed this set today,
Focal speakers 6x9 brought the kicker tweeters alive!!!

Install of the focal tweeters i had to drill the holes a tad bigger and it went in. Focal tweeters are smaller, both sound good though.