Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   3rd gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   What Should I do? - Front End Damage (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/278597-what-should-i-do-front-end-damage.html)

Cvett95 10-14-2019 02:27 PM

What Should I do? - Front End Damage

One of the biggest things that’s held me back from completely modifying my front end is the damage caused by one of the previous owners :bash: The bumper support arm on the passenger side along with the bumper itself is bent/bowed respectively and rusting quickly. I had the frame looked at by a buddy who worked for a frame shop before he moved to S. Africa who said there is a miniscule bend in the frame rail but is not a hazard nor does it cause alignment/tracking issues, so I’m not interested in swapping frames/build up a new truck.

As for an approach to all this, I was thinking of torching/hammering the arm mount back into place as best I can using the opposite support arm/new OEM bumper to test fit and then welding a support from the rail mount to the new arm.

That's my best guess. Any constructive input is greatly appreciated.

Here are a few pics: Bumper Damage - Album on Imgur

Joelzy 10-14-2019 03:22 PM

my front end was toast when i got my 4R, bumper was creased and pushed back into the condenser and radiator, both of those bumper mounts were bent all to hell.
I found the bumper only for 50 bucks and the mounts on a Pick-N-Pull 4R for like 5 bucks but im sure they are for sale online somewhere. I would usually be the guy to try and bend it back out but i would bet they are cheap and you wouldn't have to mess with it.

BrianK14 10-14-2019 04:02 PM

I've got an OEM chrome bumper I'll sell you. And I'll even through in the mount brackets, no charge.

phattyduck 10-14-2019 05:06 PM

The bumper mount does look a bit bent, but not crazy bad. Just get a replacement bumper with brackets and bolt it on. There is some adjustment room and you should be able to get it aligned and looking decent.

-Charlie

jross20 10-14-2019 05:15 PM

Buy an ARB deluxe

Then get some steel plates

Then...

:laser:

brillo_76 10-14-2019 05:30 PM

I have just like that bent. What I am going to is just cut the bracket off and weld on a new one. Mine actually bent the one side of the bracket in. See what Braink wants for that oem bumper and brackets before I ask him to send it to me for my Tetanus 2...:P

Cvett95 10-14-2019 08:17 PM

@BrianK14 How much are you wanting for the bumper? Even if it were an irresistible deal, we live quite a ways away and I'm sure shipping wouldn't be cheap.

Cvett95 10-14-2019 08:18 PM

BTW thanks for all of the input guys

brillo_76 10-14-2019 10:39 PM

That's what we are supposed to do. Help each other out so that we can keep some of the 3rd gen alive... :)

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk