Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Comments & Suggestions (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/comments-and-suggestions/)
-   -   Work IP Address is IP Banned (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/comments-and-suggestions/278709-work-ip-address-ip-banned.html)

Ryan1975 10-16-2019 10:53 PM

Work IP Address is IP Banned

Sent an email earlier about this but haven’t heard anything. One of Peterson AFB’s public facing IP addresses has been IP banned.

Could we get that address unbanned?

-Ryan

4gambler 10-16-2019 11:01 PM

WHO CARES !! EASY FIX.

Use your cell phone LOL !! U a WIFI USER AT WORK? Hey cheapskate up your data plan unless no signal there.

Or

Use a VPN !!

Try using a proxy.

Tapatalk??

Ryan1975 10-17-2019 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4gambler (Post 3373090)
WHO CARES !! EASY FIX.

Use your cell phone LOL !! U a WIFI USER AT WORK? Hey cheapskate up your data plan unless no signal there.

Or

Use a VPN !!

Try using a proxy.

Tapatalk??

Seek help.

Chris In Milwaukee 10-18-2019 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan1975 (Post 3373080)
Sent an email earlier about this but haven’t heard anything. One of Peterson AFB’s public facing IP addresses has been IP banned.

-Ryan

Banned by who? If it's your employer, not much you can do about that. Not this site owner's problem, really. I have lots of sites that are blocked at my work because they're not "work appropriate". In those cases, I use my phone to view them.

Ryan1975 10-18-2019 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris In Milwaukee (Post 3373932)
Banned by who? If it's your employer, not much you can do about that. Not this site owner's problem, really. I have lots of sites that are blocked at my work because they're not "work appropriate". In those cases, I use my phone to view them.

Can we at least pretend that someone is smart enough to understand who to go to, to resolve an issue?

The board (T4R) has banned one of the external facing IPs for the base. (Each base has several points of presence) so at the moment I'm able to get onto the board to stare blankly in your general direction at your questioning of my ability to assign responsibility. (at least you weren't abusive in your posting)

That said - since I do work in a communications hub, I do understand that circumventing security controls would likely result in my termination (which would solve my issue of accessing an automotive forum while in between tasks at work) but that seems like a nuclear option.

Additionally bringing a cell phone into a secure space would also trigger a security incident and utlimately my removal from my livelyhood. Again, a nuclear option to a mosquito problem.

4gambler 10-18-2019 02:43 PM

Uss work data for work only buddy.

Ryan1975 10-18-2019 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4gambler (Post 3374007)
Uss work data for work only buddy.

What a draconian approach to an Acceptable Use Policy.

For your reading pleasure:
https://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/D...di/855001p.pdf

Chris In Milwaukee 10-18-2019 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan1975 (Post 3373999)
Can we at least pretend that someone is smart enough to understand who to go to, to resolve an issue?

The board (T4R) has banned one of the external facing IPs for the base. (Each base has several points of presence) so at the moment I'm able to get onto the board to stare blankly in your general direction at your questioning of my ability to assign responsibility. (at least you weren't abusive in your posting)

That said - since I do work in a communications hub, I do understand that circumventing security controls would likely result in my termination (which would solve my issue of accessing an automotive forum while in between tasks at work) but that seems like a nuclear option.

Additionally bringing a cell phone into a secure space would also trigger a security incident and utlimately my removal from my livelyhood. Again, a nuclear option to a mosquito problem.

The original question is vague at best, hence my reply. You didn't really give me a clear picture of what's being banned. And I still don't know where you're being banned and by whom. I try not to be abusive, ever. Just seeking clarity. :)

I've been an IT guy for 30 years, so just trying to seek a solution. If I read it correctly, you're attempting to access this site from a location that is being blocked by this site? Or is it the other way around - your location is blocking this site from being accessed? Either way, I don't have any influence. Just trying to offer guidance if I can.

But if you're already ahead of me, carry on smartly.

roteberg 11-01-2019 02:32 PM

Use VPN

If your work IP is banned, so the best solution is to use any of VPN alternatives that are very widespread now. It's just easy!

Ken Kezzy 06-24-2020 05:20 AM

Hi, in this case, you can use the new extension from Adguard, installing it for free, you can change your IP address from the browser, it is really very convenient, I have been using it for a long time, and I don’t need to download individual programs.

JLTD 06-25-2020 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan1975 (Post 3373080)

-Ryan

Contacting a Moderator or Admin is the way to go here....if by "sent an email earlier..." you already did that, then I apologize for stating the obvious and time is going to be involved for them to 1)Look at it 2) Discuss and 3) Take action and reply.

GibiSamtin 02-16-2022 07:52 PM

you really consider that a problem?

Zeruel 02-17-2022 01:24 PM

Man, I truly don't understand people who make such a big fuss from such a small problem. I mean, you have a smartphone that you can use to browse all the forums and many other things. Besides that, if you need to browse from your computer, you can use a VPN or even a good proxy connection. I use some great mobile proxies, and I don't see any issues in accessing any website, even if my original IP is banned. You can try them as well because it's the best solution from my point of view. Modern proxies don't limit your speed as much as they used to, so everything should be fine.

BorotHex 02-17-2022 02:09 PM

Lots of really stupid responses, as usual. You guys don’t even understand what he’s saying or anything about the conditions he’s in. He’s in a really typical setting for people who don’t stand at a machine pushing a button or entering invoices like a brain dead retard.

OP, if you emailed and get nowhere you’ll have to just find other forums when you’re on work bandwidth. My company has a similar interface to accommodate people and it’s finicky. I don’t know why. My workaround is a guest WiFi, but you clearly wouldn’t have access to that, if it even exists, in a secure setting.

tylers04s 03-17-2023 10:01 AM

Sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with your work IP address being banned. That can be really frustrating. Hopefully, someone will get back to you soon with a solution.