Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   3rd gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Leaking fuel line. Anyone ever order from Linestogo.com? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/278755-leaking-fuel-line-anyone-ever-order-linestogo-com.html)

MN4runnerman 10-17-2019 09:35 PM

Leaking fuel line. Anyone ever order from Linestogo.com?

Looks like a fuel line is leaking on my 99. Coming from the middle of the truck. It’s a return line otherwise the gas would be pumping out a lot. I’m just getting a small puddle. Anyways I’m looking at doing a full replacement and debating on buying a kit from linestogo.com or if I should make my own. I made my own brake lines using polyarmor brake line and I’m thinking making the fuel lines wouldn’t be that bad. The issue that I might face is having to find the correct fittings. I’m sure the ones on the truck are unusable as they are probably rusted. This kit from linestogo is premade lines with fittings and all. Just wondering if anyone had bought from them before or if people want me to be a guinea pig.

brillo_76 10-18-2019 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MN4runnerman (Post 3373673)
Looks like a fuel line is leaking on my 99. Coming from the middle of the truck. It’s a return line otherwise the gas would be pumping out a lot. I’m just getting a small puddle. Anyways I’m looking at doing a full replacement and debating on buying a kit from linestogo.com or if I should make my own. I made my own brake lines using polyarmor brake line and I’m thinking making the fuel lines wouldn’t be that bad. The issue that I might face is having to find the correct fittings. I’m sure the ones on the truck are unusable as they are probably rusted. This kit from linestogo is premade lines with fittings and all. Just wondering if anyone had bought from them before or if people want me to be a guinea pig.

I mostly just replace what rotted with factory OEM and give them 2 coats Rustoleum before installation. I see lots of people having issues with stainless steel brake lines kits they order not fitting or matching properly.

So if you like you make your own. That might be your ticket. As you can put in the line material you want with the exact flare fitting that matches the original. :]

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

MN4runnerman 10-18-2019 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brillo_76 (Post 3373804)
I mostly just replace what rotted with factory OEM and give them 2 coats Rustoleum before installation. I see lots of people having issues with stainless steel brake lines kits they order not fitting or matching properly.

So if you like you make your own. That might be your ticket. As you can put in the line material you want with the exact flare fitting that matches the original. :]

Stainless lines are an absolute pain in the ass if I want something rustproof and I’m making my own lines I either use copper/nickel lines or the polyarmor steel lines. Maybe a toyota online dealer has just the fittings and I can order those and make my own.

sleepydad 10-18-2019 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MN4runnerman (Post 3373809)
Stainless lines are an absolute pain in the ass if I want something rustproof and I’m making my own lines I either use copper/nickel lines or the polyarmor steel lines. Maybe a toyota online dealer has just the fittings and I can order those and make my own.

I just got done running all new lines on my project.

got them from the rudy luther toyota, they are not that expensive. huge pain to get them back into the correct location.

Part No.: 77252-35350
TUBE, FUEL MAIN, RR
$23.97

Part No.: 77251-3D140
TUBE, FUEL MAIN, FR
$36.68

Part No.: 77255-35740
TUBE, FUEL RETURN
$36.94

Part No.: 77261-35520
TUBE, FUEL TANK TO C
$37.22

there is no connection other than hose/spring clamps on the vent and return. when was the last time you changed fuel filter? clogged?

the send line is the only one with connections and filter.

I can't believe it's the return/vent leaking but maybe, if one of those is leaking it's damaged or rusted thru?

here is a shot of the tank... not the best maybe for the lines but if your main send is leaking you would need to drop/tank pull sending unit maybe to fix a bad tube nut.
https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3346142-post111.html

MN4runnerman 10-18-2019 10:20 AM

@sleepydad I did the fuel filter 3 years ago. I haven’t crawled under and looked yet to see which line it really is. I’m just guessing it’s a return line since it’s a very small puddle(silver dollar size). Pricing it out it looks like it’ll be quite a bit cheaper for oem lines than getting them from that website. I should just go that route.

brillo_76 10-18-2019 04:09 PM

Getting those lines in from the fuel filter area or the corner of a gas tank to the engine compartment can be fun. I changed the one from the fuel filter to the fender well about 1 year ago on my 97 5 speed. They will go in just may take a little time. So make sure you give yourself time to change them. As you may have to wiggle and jiggle for a while. The back brake line from the center union to the ABS was quite interesting (96-98). Most of the others lines aren't too bad. :-)

MN4runnerman 10-18-2019 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brillo_76 (Post 3374074)
Getting those lines in from the fuel filter area or the corner of a gas tank to the engine compartment can be fun. I changed the one from the fuel filter to the fender well about 1 year ago on my 97 5 speed. They will go in just may take a little time. So make sure you give yourself time to change them. As you may have to wiggle and jiggle for a while. The back brake line from the center union to the ABS was quite interesting (96-98). Most of the others lines aren't too bad. :-)

I got all winter to do it lol. Just ordering parts and planning it out right now

brillo_76 10-18-2019 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MN4runnerman (Post 3374080)
I got all winter to do it lol. Just ordering parts and planning it out right now

Ahh.. Your in good shape then.. :-) Its not your DD and your only ride. Good deal. :D

MN4runnerman 10-18-2019 05:50 PM

@sleepydad thanks for posting those part numbers I ordered them up from walser toyota

sleepydad 10-18-2019 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MN4runnerman (Post 3374121)
@sleepydad thanks for posting those part numbers I ordered them up from walser toyota

you might want to double check those part numbers those are for 97, I would be surprised if they changed them but... I have noticed a lot of parts are slightly different between 97 and 00.

My son helped me get the rest of my sketchy beater project back together, just waiting on the brake bleeder tool from amazon.

brillo_76 10-19-2019 08:48 AM

Yes changed things mid gen. 96-98 mostly the same 99-02 . The pressure line hookup is different from early to late. So are the rear brake lines setup and the gasoline evap systems.

I agree 100% with Sleepy dad always double check part numbers to match your year and vin. :]

Soon your gas leak will be gone and your be cruising again.