Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   General Discussions (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/general-discussions/)
-   -   Need Help Buying a V8 4th Gen (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/general-discussions/279176-need-help-buying-v8-4th-gen.html)

ElGuapo315 10-30-2019 07:14 PM

Need Help Buying a V8 4th Gen

I'm looking for a 4th Gen that is rust free up top and underneath. I'm looking in the south and southwest. Any T4R brothers/sisters willing to help check out trucks? Also possibly looking for someone to handle the transaction for a private sale. I know it's a bit nutty, but I trust folks here more than I do random sellers on CL/FB/etc. I'm looking to buy/fly/drive and go on an adventure!

Any help would be appreciated. Currently looking at one in Fayetteville, NC. Anyone there that can help?

I'm located in NY and I'm willing to go any distance for a solid truck that's a great deal. Looking for lifted or unlifted depending on price.

Thanks!

apohl17 10-31-2019 02:11 PM

I'd gladly help, but I'm afraid you wouldn't want one in my area. Supposed to get up to 6 inches of snow here today and the plows are ALREADY going crazy with salt... *sigh

:smow::smow::smow::smow::smow::smow::smow: :smow::smow::smow::smow::smow::smow:

techno 11-01-2019 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElGuapo315 (Post 3380678)
.... Also possibly looking for someone to handle the transaction for a private sale. I know it's a bit nutty, but I trust folks here more than I do random sellers on CL/FB/etc. .....

This phrase alerts my scammer senses. I recommend you clarify EXACTLY what you want someone to do.

ElGuapo315 11-03-2019 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by techno (Post 3381808)
This phrase alerts my scammer senses. I recommend you clarify EXACTLY what you want someone to do.

Yeah, I figured as much. I figured being on the forum for a couple of years would make a difference. Guess not.

I send funds, you take possession of truck and title, send title and NY tax forms to me. I title and register and get plates and fly down. We have beers, I say thanks, post pics on the forum with thumbs up and I drive home. Hell, I'll even throw you $100 for your trouble.

Just a northern guy trying to buy a non-shitbox 4th gen.

Roccoeight 11-03-2019 12:58 PM

SCAM!

Why don't you fly down and buy one?

ElGuapo315 11-03-2019 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roccoeight (Post 3382626)
SCAM!

Why don't you fly down and buy one?

Because you can't get transport tags for a private sale.

Roccoeight 11-03-2019 03:36 PM

Guess you will need to move then.
Best of luck with your new ride when it happens.

ElGuapo315 11-03-2019 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roccoeight (Post 3382668)

Tell me about it... I'm a car nut. It's criminal what the salt does to them. I'm also done with the winters here. More thaw than freeze; lots of mud and low 30s.

Thanks! Guaranteed that I'll protect the undercarriage and do what I can to slow the damage!

I've flown for two vehicles so far. Longest distance is Savannah GA, but I have a friend there who helped with that deal.

ElGuapo315 11-30-2019 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roccoeight (Post 3382668)

Well, it's done!

https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-g...ml#post3400625

New Beast New Beast - Album on Imgur