Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   What is the best way to find inventory? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/279200-what-best-way-find-inventory.html)

coffenut 10-31-2019 02:24 PM

What is the best way to find inventory?

I am trying to find a 2020 ORP w/moonroof and cargo tray in nautical blue.

Is there a way of finding out how much factory invoice is going to be for this?

Also, Is there an "easy" way to search for this or am I going to have to hit every dealership in the US?

sephv1 10-31-2019 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffenut (Post 3381135)
I am trying to find a 2020 ORP w/moonroof and cargo tray in nautical blue.

Is there a way of finding out how much factory invoice is going to be for this?

Also, Is there an "easy" way to search for this or am I going to have to hit every dealership in the US?

Here's a good start:

Vehicle Inventory Results | Inventory Search | CentralAtlantic.BuyAToyota.com

maxp0wer 10-31-2019 02:37 PM

Autotrader is a really good option. Lot's of dealers put new cars on there, and you can filter by the options you want and even how far you are willing to go to get it.

mteolus 10-31-2019 02:44 PM

cars.com Just filter for all miles (advanced search) so that your search includes the entire country. I doubt you will want to go too far away but it gives you an idea on price that you can use for negotiating. Then filter for the lowest price. Will only show you MSRP though. Stealership may have that information once you find a low priced 4Runner. But beware of tricks and fees. Sometimes they will show you a price but it will be only if you stack all the incentives together that almost noone is qualified. Once you find a stealership that does that don't even bother with them because they are guaranteed a$$holes.

Tuco Ramirez 10-31-2019 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mteolus (Post 3381148)
cars.com Just filter for all miles (advanced search) so that your search includes the entire country. I doubt you will want to go too far away but it gives you an idea on price that you can use for negotiating. Then filter for the lowest price. Will only show you MSRP though. Stealership may have that information once you find a low priced 4Runner. But beware of tricks and fees. Sometimes they will show you a price but it will be only if you stack all the incentives together that almost noone is qualified. Once you find a stealership that does that don't even bother with them because they are guaranteed a$$holes.

I second cars.com. Can usually find whatever I am looking for on there.

Phyzman 10-31-2019 04:37 PM

I have not found any usefulness from Autotrader, CarGurus, or cars.com.

Autotrader will tell you there are no 2020 ORPs in the US, unless you filter for ORs instead of ORPs. ORPs will show up when searching for ORs.

Trying to winnow results beyond trim to KDSS, moonroof or no, sliding cargo tray... impossible.

Every single 2020 4R listing I’ve seen lists the inclusion of a CD player. None of the 2020s have CD players.

Dealerships are still using photos of 2019s (or earlier). Often the color pictured doesn’t match the vehicle described.

Messy morass. Unusable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BillSwan 10-31-2019 05:26 PM

The best way to make sure your vehicle has what you want is to go by VIN,
Vehicle Specification | Toyota Owners

Some dealers make mistakes in their listings. But all of them publish VIN. The better you do your homework, the happier you will be with the whole process.

Oogs 10-31-2019 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phyzman (Post 3381251)

Trying to winnow results beyond trim to KDSS, moonroof or no, sliding cargo tray... impossible.

I had a similar issue when looking for my 2019 TRD ORP w KDSS. I basically narrowed it down to TRD models and the color I wanted then started pasting VINs into Toyota owners website to see all the options. It was tedious but I eventually found exactly what I wanted at a price I was cool with. Most listings on dealer sites or the ones mentioned did not show KDSS in the options list.

Good luck!

mteolus 10-31-2019 05:32 PM

I never talked to any salesman that knew what KDSS was since they don't sell them in Texas (unless special ordered).

Phyzman 10-31-2019 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillSwan (Post 3381277)
The best way to make sure your vehicle has what you want is to go by VIN,

Vehicle Specification | Toyota Owners

Some dealers make mistakes in their listings.

The apparent universality of listing the CD-player as included with 2020 4Runners seems to be a systematic rather than a random error.

Not sure why Toyota’s VIN info doesn’t automatically populate dealer descriptions of vehicles.

I don’t mind doing homework. Unnecessary busywork that should have been done by others is wearisome.

Information is power. Toyota’s dealer relationship logistics leave buyers without power.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BobsTrail 10-31-2019 08:49 PM

Why are you doing all the work? Make them work for their profit.

Contact a fleet or internet sales rep, find one who is willing to do some work for you and not a floor monkey that wants a sale that day.

Let them know what you want, ask for price and keep them working for you. After you learn the numbers, you will know an OK deal and give that rep the sale.

I did that last year when looking for a Sienna. Rep found one out of town and was willing to have it delivered to his dealership.

You should not feel like you and your money are chasing them.

JohnnyBravo 10-31-2019 09:36 PM

I'm from Maryland too. I went to Toyota in Laurel, these guys work off of salary and move volume. When I wanted my 4runner, my Salesman ordered it and in 4 weeks it was in Port. DM me if you want more specifics.

spartacus 10-31-2019 11:00 PM

Same as the last two post. Went to the dealer near my house put a deposit of just 500 dollars they found the one I was looking for at another dealer in another state had it shipped and I picked it up.

nglayton 11-01-2019 12:40 AM

Call AAA, they have an auto sales department that will find the car for you, do all the work and save you about $2k in the process

Phyzman 11-01-2019 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nglayton (Post 3381461)
Call AAA, they have an auto sales department that will find the car for you, do all the work and save you about $2k in the process

Assuming the vehicle exists.

According to the buyatoyota inventory, there are only 5 BR ORPs in US inventory. None have KDSS and no moonroof.

So my dealership’s fleet manager has requested my build from Japan and is awaiting a response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk