Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   3rd gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Anybody Running Airlift 1000’s with a 3” lift? (Superflex) (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/279282-anybody-running-airlift-1000’s-3”-lift-superflex.html)

Cvett95 11-03-2019 03:55 AM

Anybody Running Airlift 1000’s with a 3” lift? (Superflex)

I’ve recently built a 17ft car trailer to haul all the crap out of my driveway (cars, washing machines, etc.) and was gifted a new set of Airlift 1000 load leveling springs #60743 designed for stock springs. My problem is I don’t have stock springs. Currently running Superflex’s. When I had the springs out I put the bags in and started wondering... wondering if I need to get different bags. I opted not to install them and seek a little help. I contacted Airlift last Wednesday but have not gotten a response.

Is anybody out there running these bags with a 3” lift?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Charlie

RotaryDreamz 11-03-2019 12:09 PM

I run them on my OME 891's in the rear. I have a rear bumper with tire carrier and am loaded up when i go hunting. No issues whatsoever. I keep 10 psi when not loaded, 35-40 psi depending what I'm hauling. Sorry no pic on my phone right now, but I can snap a pic for you if it will help.

brookester 11-03-2019 09:02 PM

I would be interested in that pic. My 891s are starting to sag .

UnderFire 11-03-2019 09:32 PM

Might be smart to look into 4th gen 4runner/FJ ones for a lifted application if theyre actually any different.

Sent from my JSN-L23 using Tapatalk

Cvett95 11-04-2019 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RotaryDreamz (Post 3382601)
I run them on my OME 891's in the rear. I have a rear bumper with tire carrier and am loaded up when i go hunting. No issues whatsoever. I keep 10 psi when not loaded, 35-40 psi depending what I'm hauling. Sorry no pic on my phone right now, but I can snap a pic for you if it will help.

@RotaryDreamz I would love it if you could snap a couple pics for me. I’m beyond embarrassed to say it but I’m somewhat stumped.

JD914 11-04-2019 04:08 AM

Not a 3rd gen, but I’ve been running airbags (stock size) in my 4Runner with a 3” lift for years. No problems at all, as long as you keep 5lbs in them at all times, as recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cvett95 11-04-2019 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD914 (Post 3382981)
Not a 3rd gen, but I’ve been running airbags (stock size) in my 4Runner with a 3” lift for years. No problems at all, as long as you keep 5lbs in them at all times, as recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks JD914!

Toy2play 11-04-2019 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cvett95 (Post 3382487)
I’ve recently built a 17ft car trailer to haul all the crap out of my driveway (cars, washing machines, etc.) and was gifted a new set of Airlift 1000 load leveling springs #60743 designed for stock springs. My problem is I don’t have stock springs. Currently running Superflex’s. When I had the springs out I put the bags in and started wondering... wondering if I need to get different bags. I opted not to install them and seek a little help. I contacted Airlift last Wednesday but have not gotten a response.

Is anybody out there running these bags with a 3” lift?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Charlie

I run the airbags in my OME 906 springs with two trim packers(almost 3" lift) on top of the coil for years now. Only issue I had was the valve core leaked when I first installed them. Took me forever to figure out it was that. I've towed roughly 3k lbs pop up, and done thousands of miles offroad travel with them. Held up just fine. When not weighted down you want to make sure you keep roughly 8-10 psi in them. I usually run 30 psi when I have a heavy load. Offroad flex hasn't been an issue for me, but I'm not doing anything too crazy.

RotaryDreamz 11-05-2019 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cvett95 (Post 3382929)
@RotaryDreamz I would love it if you could snap a couple pics for me. I’m beyond embarrassed to say it but I’m somewhat stumped.

Sorry if pics aren't very clear. I put the nipple on the bottom and ran the line that way. I cut the coil cone as well. Please dont mind my bad panhard bracket welding. Haha.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f4ebc62915.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...3101f77965.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk