Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   3rd gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   96 Limited fender cargo door (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/279523-96-limited-fender-cargo-door.html)

Piney 11-09-2019 10:48 AM

96 Limited fender cargo door

The wife thinks she used to have a door to cover the storage pocket on the passenger side of the cargo area but eBay searches only show doors for every other gen. Is there a trick to describing them? Did they never exist? Did they all crumble to dust by 2005?

4Runner4Leon 11-09-2019 11:19 AM

You mean like this? 96-02 TOYOTA 4runner OEM Rear Cargo Compartment Fuse Cover Panel Access Storage | eBay

Piney 11-09-2019 11:50 AM

Yes. Perhaps she missed that as it is not available to ship here and she uses the eBay.ca site. Perhaps I'll contact the seller and beg. Lots of 92?-95 doors but none of these on the Canada site. Generally stuff in the States will come here but every seller is their own master.
At least we know they are out there! Thanks.
Ps: I begged. We shall see.

4Runner4Leon 11-09-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piney (Post 3386427)
Yes. Perhaps she missed that as it is not available to ship here and she uses the eBay.ca site. Perhaps I'll contact the seller and beg. Lots of 92?-95 doors but none of these on the Canada site. Generally stuff in the States will come here but every seller is their own master.
At least we know they are out there! Thanks.

That's too bad - I threw mine out recently when I upgraded to the '99+ cargo trim.

If you are really desperate, I can buy this one for you and then re-ship to you, if you cover shipping costs.

Piney 11-09-2019 12:13 PM

I would gladly have done that but the seller has changed the auction to allow shipping thru the eBay global shipping program. Sure it's $30 because I pay shipping twice but it's better than nothing!!! I asked them so I need to follow through. That's the fair thing to do.
Threw it out, eh?

4Runner4Leon 11-09-2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piney (Post 3386437)
I would gladly have done that but the seller has changed the auction to allow shipping thru the eBay global shipping program. Sure it's $30 because I pay shipping twice but it's better than nothing!!! I asked them so I need to follow through. That's the fair thing to do.
Threw it out, eh?

Sounds like you got it solved, yay! And yup, had to chuck it, trying to declutter the house and garage :).