Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   2020 anyone put a Pro skid plate on a non-Pro 4R w/KDSS? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/279737-2020-anyone-put-pro-skid-plate-non-pro-4r-w-kdss.html)

Phyzman 11-14-2019 08:19 PM

2020 anyone put a Pro skid plate on a non-Pro 4R w/KDSS?

The pro skid plate is offered as an accessory for all the 2020 4Runners. But the TRD Pro doesn’t have KDSS. Has anyone with, say, a TRD OR or ORP with KDSS replaced the standard skid plates with a pro skid plate? Does it fit okay?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jetboy 11-14-2019 08:32 PM

Never been done.

Phyzman 11-15-2019 01:23 AM

Bummer. I’m guessing there are third-party options out there to fill that need.

02SE 11-15-2019 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phyzman (Post 3390399)
Bummer. I’m guessing there are third-party options out there to fill that need.

I think the "never been done" comment is sarcasm for: It's been done by others, and talked about probably thousands of times on here.

I think it would've just been easier to just give you an actual answer, but I am new to the 5th gen forum...

Here you go:

https://www.toyota-4runner.org/gsear...ss=480j84594j4

TRDTommy 11-15-2019 03:25 AM

2 Attachment(s)
It's been done. I don't have a 2020, but have a 2017 TRD off road w/kdss, and have the TRP pro skid on it. I don't think there are any other differences between the 2020 pro skid and the previous years besides the red lettering. The pro skid just needs to be cut on the sides to clear the kdss sway bar. The previous post with the link will have the info you need. Here are pics of mine.

SlickTRD 11-15-2019 08:50 AM

You 2020 model year guys must think you are special.

llDemonll 11-15-2019 12:29 PM

As posted above it won't fit without modifications. It'll bolt on fine but definitely won't clear KDSS bar

Phyzman 11-15-2019 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickTRD (Post 3390462)
You 2020 model year guys must think you are special.

Yes. That is exactly it. You busted me. Hard.

I appreciate the sociopaths of T4R for setting us all straight.

I shall now proceed to sulking in my newly imposed unspecialness.

SpeedyKevin 11-15-2019 01:06 PM

Wont fit without cutting to clear the KDSS sway bar. However if you want a skid, a few companies (Like RCI I think) are having black friday sales so you could snag one of their aluminum front skids.

SlickTRD 11-15-2019 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phyzman (Post 3390571)
Yes. That is exactly it. You busted me. Hard.

I appreciate the sociopaths of T4R for setting us all straight.

I shall now proceed to sulking in my newly imposed unspecialness.

dont worry, once you get the aftermarket heritage grill and some raptor lights you will feel special again.

tyler2019 11-15-2019 02:28 PM

Search function on these old style forums are shit. Doesn't help that half the keywords are 3 letters and not registered. A google search using site:toyota-runner.org was fruitful. Keep your head up bud fellow 2020 model year guy showing solidarity.

02SE 11-15-2019 02:35 PM

In case it wasn't clear, I was trying to help the OP find an answer for his question. I also have a new TRD ORP W/KDSS (after selling my unicorn 3rd gen), so it was a question that might pertain to me in the future.

snowpeak 11-15-2019 02:49 PM

There was a rumor going around about a KDSS-compatible TRD skid plate that's new for 2020, but it was just that. A rumor. Probably due to the build webpage that let you select the TRD enhancement package w/ TRD front skid. I was able to track down a 2020 OEM heritage grille from my local parts shop but they are not seeing a 2020 KDSS-compatible TRD front skid. It does not exist. Only part listed is same as last year.

Phyzman 11-15-2019 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickTRD (Post 3390580)
dont worry, once you get the aftermarket heritage grill and some raptor lights you will feel special again.

Not doing either of those things but lucky for the rest of us: no one here is looking to you for advice on what's the right or wrong move on a build. Don't let that stop you from offering it though.

(I'll take the fact that you left out flag decals as confirmation that you—in fact—have them. Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.)

mlnhtrang 11-15-2019 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRDTommy (Post 3390431)
It's been done. I don't have a 2020, but have a 2017 TRD off road w/kdss, and have the TRP pro skid on it. I don't think there are any other differences between the 2020 pro skid and the previous years besides the red lettering. The pro skid just needs to be cut on the sides to clear the kdss sway bar. The previous post with the link will have the info you need. Here are pics of mine.

those are some clean cuts!