Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Vibration/Done (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/279746-vibration-done.html)

T4R916 11-15-2019 02:56 AM

Vibration/Done

I've been noticing vibration on my floor board or gas pedal area and drone noise between 70mph-75mph. Any body know what it can be? Does not vibrate in the steering wheel. Tires are new 285/70/17 Wildpeak that are 2 months old. Had this vibration before the tires. Lifted on Icon and JBA UCA incase these info helps. Also its a v8 full time 4wd

apohl17 11-15-2019 04:02 PM

@T4R916 If you don't have any feedback at the wheel, you can likely rule out front end linkage, CV axles, tires, etc. Do you feel it all the time when the engine is running? If you shift it into neutral does it go away? I've never heard of it on 4runners, but you might want to look at the engine mounts if that's the case... Or it's just the power of the mighty V8 :rockon:

randy88fj62 11-15-2019 05:43 PM

Put vehicle in park, engage ebrake, then get under vehicle. Grab your front driveshaft at the back near the tcase u-joint and try and move it. If you have any play then the u-joint is toast.

The zerk fitting on that specific u-joint is the most overlooked lube point due to the shield in place making it difficult to acccess with your grease gun. Dealer serviced trucks always have this ujoint fail first due to the tech not lubing it. LONGO TOYOTA in El Monte specifically if you catch my drift.

T4R916 11-15-2019 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randy88fj62 (Post 3390770)
Put vehicle in park, engage ebrake, then get under vehicle. Grab your front driveshaft at the back near the tcase u-joint and try and move it. If you have any play then the u-joint is toast.

The zerk fitting on that specific u-joint is the most overlooked lube point due to the shield in place making it difficult to acccess with your grease gun. Dealer serviced trucks always have this ujoint fail first due to the tech not lubing it. LONGO TOYOTA in El Monte specifically if you catch my drift.

Tried that. No play at all and I always grease the fittings.

T4R916 11-15-2019 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apohl17 (Post 3390700)
@T4R916 If you don't have any feedback at the wheel, you can likely rule out front end linkage, CV axles, tires, etc. Do you feel it all the time when the engine is running? If you shift it into neutral does it go away? I've never heard of it on 4runners, but you might want to look at the engine mounts if that's the case... Or it's just the power of the mighty V8 :rockon:

The vibration is constant after 70mph. Tried shifting it into neutral and still vibration. Im thinking it could be from my front diff.

mechahayai 12-08-2019 08:27 PM

I have the same hum/vibration. Have you had any luck figuring it out? I'm looking at having the tires road force balanced as I have already serviced the transmission, replaced U-joints, Hub/bearings and CV. If the tires aren't the problem, I wonder what else could cause it. What are you looking at in the front diff?

U.G.N. 01-04-2021 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T4R916 (Post 3390420)
I've been noticing vibration on my floor board or gas pedal area and drone noise between 70mph-75mph. Any body know what it can be? Does not vibrate in the steering wheel. Tires are new 285/70/17 Wildpeak that are 2 months old. Had this vibration before the tires. Lifted on Icon and JBA UCA incase these info helps. Also its a v8 full time 4wd

Did you ever figure out what was the source of the issue? Was there anything else you completed later that did or did not help with it?

ktom3001 01-05-2021 02:31 PM

Mine did this when I bought it with 60K miles. It was a front wheel bearing.
Very subtle but almost felt like the engine was revving higher than what the tachometer showed.

montijo505 01-05-2021 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktom3001 (Post 3587927)
Mine did this when I bought it with 60K miles. It was a front wheel bearing.

Very subtle but almost felt like the engine was revving higher than what the tachometer showed.

You'll feel it in the floorboard too, like a hum.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk