Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   3rd gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Zing - Zing noise from front wheels in hard turn (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/279783-zing-zing-noise-front-wheels-hard-turn.html)

2000se 11-16-2019 11:50 AM

Zing - Zing noise from front wheels in hard turn

I swear I read somewhere someone was having this issue, as was I until today but I just can't find the thread.... I have resolved it and wanted to share.

It was simply the backplate on the front brake rotor was a little tweaked in so at a certain wheel angle it would make a slight contact with the front brake rotor and make the zin-zing-ing noise. Just bend the front rotor back plate a little out of the way to resolve.

Js'00imited4runner 11-16-2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000se (Post 3391146)
I swear I read somewhere someone was having this issue, as was I until today but I just can't find the thread.... I have resolved it and wanted to share.

It was simply the backplate on the front brake rotor was a little tweaked in so at a certain wheel angle it would make a slight contact with the front brake rotor and make the zin-zing-ing noise. Just bend the front rotor back plate a little out of the way to resolve.

Yeah I was experiencing this a couple weeks ago after rebooting my cv axles. It would only happen while slowing down to a stop. Your referring to the brake dust shield rubbing against the rim/rotor correct? What's the reason your's would have been bent? That's good you were able to figure it out and it wasn't anything more serious. Cheers!

2000se 11-16-2019 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Js'00imited4runner (Post 3391152)
Yeah I was experiencing this a couple weeks ago after rebooting my cv axles. It would only happen while slowing down to a stop. Your referring to the brake dust shield rubbing against the rim/rotor correct? What's the reason your's would have been bent? That's good you were able to figure it out and it wasn't anything more serious. Cheers!

Correct - Inner dust shield

Reason for getting bent?...<Shrug> who knows...I could only guess.

Anyway, for certain I am glad it wasn't anything terrible. By the sound it made and I knew it wasn't bad. Just annoying.