Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Nor Cal (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/nor-cal/)
-   -   East Bay Shop (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/nor-cal/279796-east-bay-shop.html)

LandCruiser 11-16-2019 08:38 PM

East Bay Shop

Looking for an East Bay 4x4 shop that knows how to work on lifted Toyotas.

Lots of 4x4 shops in my area but they seem sketchy as shit.

Any input is helpful.

I'm in the Walnut Creek/Lafayette area, btw.

rochmpr 11-17-2019 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LandCruiser (Post 3391365)
Looking for an East Bay 4x4 shop that knows how to work on lifted Toyotas.

Lots of 4x4 shops in my area but they seem sketchy as shit.

Any input is helpful.

I'm in the Walnut Creek/Lafayette area, btw.

What are you trying to have done. Hagin's Automotive in Martinez is a good spot. He's a former Toyota tech and has a Toyota crawler and FJ40. He knows his stuff.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

LandCruiser 11-17-2019 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rochmpr (Post 3391569)
What are you trying to have done. Hagin's Automotive in Martinez is a good spot. He's a former Toyota tech and has a Toyota crawler and FJ40. He knows his stuff.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just anyone that can work on a lifted truck, replace CV axles, basic stuff like that. Nothing major. The shops near me install circus lifts on F250s and ruin Wranglers.

I barely have a driveway to work on my truck over here and the neighbors flip out of you have a half disassembled vehicle in front of your house for more than a day.

I'll check out his shop, thanks.

rochmpr 11-17-2019 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LandCruiser (Post 3391588)
Just anyone that can work on a lifted truck, replace CV axles, basic stuff like that. Nothing major. The shops near me install circus lifts on F250s and ruin Wranglers.

I barely have a driveway to work on my truck over here and the neighbors flip out of you have a half disassembled vehicle in front of your house for more than a day.

I'll check out his shop, thanks.

He can handle that. The owner's name is Andy. Really good guy.

mysticz 11-21-2019 03:27 AM

Check out Shaffers Off Road in Alameda.

Had them do my front diff gear upgrade.

Quality work and they been specializing in off road build and upgrades for years.

tristero 11-30-2019 06:21 PM

Wondering if anyone knows a shop in the East Bay that can do the ECGS needle bearing replacement. I have to work on my truck outdoors and I do not foresee getting this done during winter.

LandCruiser 12-15-2019 06:32 PM

Can attest Andy is a great guy. Did a fluids change for me.

Will have to check out Shaffer's in Alameda, have a new to me project FJC.

Mighty Buffalo 02-15-2020 01:38 PM

Have you checked out Diablo Off Road in Walnut Creek? He put my ARB locker in without too much trouble.

daleighs 03-03-2020 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mighty Buffalo (Post 3443284)
Have you checked out Diablo Off Road in Walnut Creek? He put my ARB locker in without too much trouble.

How much did this cost you?

Mighty Buffalo 03-04-2020 01:14 AM

I can’t remember, I want to say $300

SeaBassHWD 03-12-2020 11:21 PM

Did you ever go to Schaffers? I just got a quote from them to do a rear axle and front diff swap. I looked at their reviews on Yelp and one guy had a very bad review so I'm a little hesitant.

yenzie5 03-13-2020 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeaBassHWD (Post 3457532)
Did you ever go to Schaffers? I just got a quote from them to do a rear axle and front diff swap. I looked at their reviews on Yelp and one guy had a very bad review so I'm a little hesitant.

Never been to Schaffer's, but I've heard nothing but good things about the owner and the shop. Oftentimes you gotta take online reviews with a grain of salt.

I've had firsthand experience with Swat Customs in Fremont. They installed my lift, fenders, and roof rack. I've also gone to them to replace front brakes and wheel bearings. They do excellent work. The shop owner, Brian, is a real good dude. Highly recommended.

mysticz 03-13-2020 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeaBassHWD (Post 3457532)

Shaffers Off Road did my front diff regear and all my brakes a few months ago.

Mike and his crew do great work.

SeaBassHWD 04-02-2020 12:15 AM

Well, I ended up dropping my truck off today at Shaffer's. I could have done the work myself with all the extra time I have but I figure small businesses need our support more so than ever. Hoping for the best.

yenzie5 04-10-2020 06:00 PM

I'm considering some other mods that will probably need a BMC. Where would you all suggest going for welding?