Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   General Discussions (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/general-discussions/)
-   -   1999 6.0L V8 (conversion) 4runner, org owner - selling price??? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/general-discussions/279815-1999-6-0l-v8-conversion-4runner-org-owner-selling-price.html)

tbsb9595 11-17-2019 10:51 PM

1999 6.0L V8 (conversion) 4runner, org owner - selling price???

Hi all,
I have a 1999 2wd 4runner that I have owned since it was new and it has had an extensive 6.0L V8 conversion done to it. I'm thinking of selling it, but I would like to know how much it is worth. It has ~166K miles although everything that moves has been replaced upgraded for the 6.0L Vortec engine conversion. It has a built 4L80E tranny, new rear with a true trac posi, and a bunch of other stuff. Everthing works good and all it needs is paint job as it still has the org Green paint. I will post pics soon. So how much should I try to sell it for???
Thanks for your help!
Tom

Dillusion 11-18-2019 06:26 PM

Wothless without pics.

But a good rule is not to expect much out of mods. Not everyone is going to want a 6.0L 4R. You are going to need to find that someone.

Some people here mods the shit out of the stuff then try to sell it for exactly what they put into it. Not going to happen.

Vwright14 11-19-2019 05:48 PM

Being 2wd kills it. Unless someone is looking for a sleeper to have fun with or a dune truck its pretty useless to 75% of 4Runner owners. Dont expect to get even close to what you have in it. I doubt this is your first toy/project and you have heard that before....lets say its a really good shape stock 99 2wd 4Runner...maybe 4k at the most. So honestly not much more than that.

Inv4drZm 11-19-2019 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vwright14 (Post 3392970)
Being 2wd kills it. Unless someone is looking for a sleeper to have fun with or a dune truck its pretty useless to 75% of 4Runner owners. Dont expect to get even close to what you have in it. I doubt this is your first toy/project and you have heard that before....lets say its a really good shape stock 99 2wd 4Runner...maybe 4k at the most. So honestly not much more than that.

Even if it was 4wd the stock drivetrain wouldn't survive offroading.

Vwright14 11-19-2019 08:58 PM

No sir it would not... buy if everything was built accordingly and it was 4wd then you might find someone to pay good money for it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Jernik 11-20-2019 02:57 PM

Well this is surprising! With all the gnashing of teeth and complaints about the Slow.0 in the 5th gen, I figured this guy would have a bidding war on his hands from all the 4R hot-rodders that need to outrun everyone to the mall (you know, before all the good shit is gone)! lol

I have no idea what a realistic number would be on such a truck, but good luck with the sale.

RandyBobandy 11-20-2019 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jernik (Post 3393497)
Well this is surprising! With all the gnashing of teeth and complaints about the Slow.0 in the 5th gen, I figured this guy would have a bidding war on his hands from all the 4R hot-rodders that need to outrun everyone to the mall (you know, before all the good shit is gone)! lol

I have no idea what a realistic number would be on such a truck, but good luck with the sale.

I think one of the big problems with trying to sell something like that is that most people would rather just go out and buy a chevy truck and not have to worry about potential problems arising from the engine swap, now if this swap was done to a miata or something it might get a little more interest. as much as I love 4runners I only care that they have enough power to be driven comfortably and if I wanted something that was faster I wouldn't be looking at 4x4 SUVs or 2wd versions of 4x4 SUVs