Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   General Discussions (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/general-discussions/)
-   -   Hello Canada (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/general-discussions/279848-hello-canada.html)

alaskaman 11-18-2019 10:50 PM

Hello Canada

We moved to Whidbey Islan and are coming to Whistler BC once the snow falls. We are planning to take my wife's Lexus NX AWD. I think that it should be capable and leave the 4Runner at home.

If you know the regulations please chime in.

Thanks

zcruiser 11-18-2019 10:55 PM

Hello Canada

Regulations for BC?

A 4Runner LTD with full time AWD should be every bit as good as a NX... IMO. Or are you just going for comfort / gas savings?

Anyway... my brother has lived in Oak Harbor for quite a while now. Gone to see him a few times. Beautiful place.

Banzai 11-19-2019 09:44 AM

Ask here...

https://www.toyota-4runner.org/canad...lick-to-view-/

blackskull 11-21-2019 07:29 PM

Winter tire regs are in force since Oct. 1st for the Sea to Sky highway. The definition for winter tires is the mountain\snowflake rating or M+S. There's also a min. tread depth of 3.5mm. The police have also been setting up tire checks.

Designated Winter Tire & Chain Routes - Province of British Columbia

Quote:

Originally Posted by alaskaman (Post 3392524)
We moved to Whidbey Islan and are coming to Whistler BC once the snow falls. We are planning to take my wife's Lexus NX AWD. I think that it should be capable and leave the 4Runner at home.

If you know the regulations please chime in.

Thanks

Cranberry 11-21-2019 10:15 PM

I think your going to be overwhelmed buy the choices you will find for Canada!

blackskull 11-21-2019 11:53 PM

I should add, I've heard a few reports that they've been looking for mountain peak/snowflake rated tires this year and not letting M+S through.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackskull (Post 3394437)
Winter tire regs are in force since Oct. 1st for the Sea to Sky highway. The definition for winter tires is the mountain\snowflake rating or M+S. There's also a min. tread depth of 3.5mm. The police have also been setting up tire checks.

twells 11-23-2019 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackskull (Post 3394437)

I came in to say this. I'm back and forth between Whistler and Vancouver all the time. They have been doing increased tire checks along the Sea 2 Sky highway. Not much snow up here yet, but hopefully lots on the way. Good time to get your boards waxed!

Re:Shoe 12-06-2019 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackskull (Post 3394615)
I should add, I've heard a few reports that they've been looking for mountain peak/snowflake rated tires this year and not letting M+S through.

Where did you hear those reports? I would be shocked if M+S is being turned back; at least half of the traffic up from Vancouver every weekend doesn't have dedicated winter tires.