Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-topic/)
-   -   2019 T4R Secret Santa Wishes (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-topic/279866-2019-t4r-secret-santa-wishes.html)

aha2988 11-19-2019 03:56 PM

2019 T4R Secret Santa Wishes

1 Attachment(s)
NOTE- This is NOT the 2018 Secret Santa Signup Thread.

This thread is a place for Secret Santa participants to write to Santa. Mention how good you’ve been and a couple specific things that are on your wish list for the Secret Santa here at T4R. This will help your SS find out what you are into aside from your 4runner (which is a given).

Examples: Outdoor products, camping gear, photography, Star Wars, sports, beer, or whatever else you may be into. Everyone has other loves and hobbies- this is intended to help someone pick that gift for SS this year.

Now, the fun part- Since this is a WISH list, include an item that would just be BA. Yeti cooler, ARB locker, whatever. You never know who or what someone is willing to do for others. In the past, members have given gift cards to Toys R Us- it really helped the family out in a big way for their kids, and was better for them than any other gift they could have been given from their SS.

Have fun!

apohl17 11-20-2019 09:54 AM

Ooh! Pick me, pick me! I would go nuts if someone incorporated a picture of my past T4R (The Iceberg) into a t-shirt, sticker, patch etc... Or picked out some Molle storage pouches/add-ons to encourage the "need" for a rear window panel from Rago, BPF, Orange, etc... But all in all, if it's 4Runner or adventure related, that's all I could ask for!

Oh, and a word to my SS recipient - I think I got a few things up my sleeve... :bump2::bump2:

weekendclimber 11-20-2019 12:30 PM

First time participating in this and I hope I score something for my match up that they like. Did some digging into their profile and posts to see what all they are into. :spy: Should be fun.

As for me, I literally keep a list of stuff that I would like to get/have for the 4Runner. Some things are way out of budget, like a welder or clear corner lights from SRQ (or any 3rd Gen stuff from them really). But, there are a few things that would be cool, like a AJT Fob case or even the retrofit ash tray 12v outlet. Would be cool to have a little project to do to post to the build thread. XL T-Shirts or caps are also welcome, but the wife had the T-shirts covered for my birthday this year too.

https://i.imgur.com/Zx5loxr.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/c9DvvN1.jpg

aa.allen 11-20-2019 11:20 PM

I am excited for this years secret Santa I will be greatly appreciative of anything I am given but here is a few things about me to help my santa if he or she doesnÂ’t already have something in mind for myself.
I have a lot of likes and interests

I like anything Toyota, TRD, TEQ or dealership promo. I admit I am a Toyota fan boy.

I enjoy watching sports my favorite teams are the Boston Red Sox, Winnipeg Jets and LA Rams I do prefer the royal blue and yellow Rams gear over the Navy & Champagne but again I am cool with anything. I also cheer for the Oklahoma Sooners & Washington State Cougars as far as college football goes. I love college hockey in general no favorite team just a huge college hockey fan.

I enjoy detailing my 4Runner I use about any quality detail product out there, I am not brand specific in detail products. If you look in my detail cabinet you will see a handful of different brands. Microfiber towels and scents are always good.

I like anything Smith & Wesson my EDC is a M&P Shield .40

I enjoy hard ciders & Mexican beers as well as bourbon and whiskey.

My 4Runner is a ‘99 SR5 Imperial Jade with oak interior. I would love to have flush mount bumper lights, ditch lights or interior LED’s would be great. I could also use floor mats and a new HVAC control. Front suspension parts new bushings, ball joints, shocks ect. A recovery strap would be awesome.

Dream items would be new carpet, a roof basket or rock sliders.

Regional items from my Santa’s local is always cool to receive
Shirt size XL, I also love hats & everything Old Bay seasoning.

aha2988 11-21-2019 05:28 PM

SS gift ideas!

The biggest part of this experience I enjoy is the surprise of getting something from someone that doesn't know me or much about me and it turning out to be something awesome I haven't thought of getting or needing or never tried before. With that said, I'm encouraging my SS to get creative.

However, I also know that it can be stressful to some people to try and find that perfect gift so if you absolutely can't figure out an idea or are just strapped for time here is a little list I was able to put together.

Robot Check

On another note, my consideration of the top 3 gifts I've received in the past from this:
1.) Custom calendar with all the best pictures of my previous owned 4runner from my build thread
2.) an Ale from one of my previous SS's local brewers 9% 20oz bottle made for a great Christmas eve drink
3.) small Nerf gun that I still shoot my wife an son with randomly

Merry Christmas! Happy Shopping Season to all and to all the best of sales!

OKT4RCpl 11-21-2019 07:31 PM

Secret santa

I looked forward to this every year since I started participating. I have always received awesome gifts and hope those I sent gifts to feel the same way.

I am retired from the Navy after 20 years of service so camping fishing hunting is my life now. I do enjoy me some cooking these days and never realized the passion I had for it. Outdoor cooking has been my go-to for some time now especially after discovering the BBQ Pit Boys on YOUTUBE. So anythings they offer would be great.

I enjoy Oklahoma State Football since I live close to Stillwater, OK.

I also enjoy cars anything automotive but if it's for the 4Runner that is even better a nice flag would be sweet to hang in the garage or a 2XL 4Runner Hoodie.

My big dream item is a SNORKEL, my wife refuses to let me have one but if one was to show up in the mail for Christmas what choice would she have :clap2:

I am not picky and have fun with this every year and will be grateful for whatever arrives.

aha2988 11-24-2019 11:14 AM

Courtesy mention for anyone that wants to use this wish list thread

Use this wish list thread for wish lists/ ideas. Post your gifts in the SS sign up thread: T4R 2019 Secret Santa (sign up closed: 11/19/2019 pm if interested)

@MStudt
@momo.75
@Fl_tigers
@Greyhome
@rochmpr
@NWFL4Runner
@SAR_Runner
@TodiN
@AdventureGirlDulcy
@Dillusion
@firemedicPQ1
@dominicanborn
@gaterose
@kyle_uran
@Dropzone
@TRUSTYAXE
@gsconzert
@warrpath4x4
@Anonymous4Runner
@OutBreak
@Dobie T4R
@donniegood
@apohl17 @Joex481
@graciedad04
@theking11863
@Tucson4runner
@infamousRNR
@T.Tech
@Heavy_GD
@winstonrodney
@weekendclimber
@Phade
@tomtundra
@sammoore422
@Iceman2430
@MarkBlack

kyle_uran 11-24-2019 11:54 AM

Howdy from Houston!
I've been a good boy this year and very deserving of gifts haha
I am 33 years old, have been married for 8 years, have two sons, Carson (7) and Hayden (4). We enjoy mountain biking, camping and playing with our new Boxer puppy (1 year old, 45 lbs).

I have a 2003 T4R with the 4.7. I have a 2.5/3" lift on 255/75/17 all terrain. I have sliders and thats about it. I would like to add a first aid kit to the 4runner as preparation and preparedness is something I would like to practice.

I wear a large shirt, drink beers on the lighter side, enjoy reading offload and overloading style magazine publications. I also went through a career change this year and teaching special education in elementary school for the first year.

Greyhome 11-24-2019 06:17 PM

Hey Santas!

Stoked to be a part of this for year 3. Thanks again to @aha2988 for manning the helm this year!

I'm 25, my wife and I have been married 2 years and we're living in Richmond, VA. I really enjoy outdoor recreation like hiking and backpacking, and I'm just getting into bike commuting, and bike touring/bikepacking.

I'm a coffee nerd so any coffee beans that you love or brewing gear is cool (this includes neat mugs).

I'm a t-shirt (and just about everything else) size small.

Some 4runner specific things: I drive a 3rd gen, 2001 Limited. Almost completely stock save for some suspension and a few other bits. I'm working on building out my recovery gear so a few specific hint items would be a Factor 55 Hitchlink 2.0 or soft shackle. I'd also welcome any favorite piece of gear you always carry in your truck.

And, if Santa were to get me a pipe dream gift it would be an OEM steering rack :)

Merry Christmas and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, and safe travels this week!

firemedicPQ1 11-24-2019 07:08 PM

Thanks A-Ha for the reminder to post my "wish list"

Although I have been rather good this year, my blessings are abundant in my family, my career, and my ability to do some adventure travel.

If my Secret Santa wants some ideas, here's what I would suggest, although surprises are just as fun.

*Really anything fly fishing, cool camping gadgets or tools, or some locally roasted coffee beans from your area.
*Tshirt - Medium (Toyota, 4Runner, overlanding, fly fishing themes)
* Some trail patches from Cruiser Gear (Trails of Ouray CO - PATCHES – Cruiser Gear) - specifically Engineer, Ophir, and Alpine Loop. These go on my collection of headliner patches.
* Boulder Tools All New Heavy Duty Rapid Tire Deflator Kit with Valve Caps, Valve Cores & 4-in-1 Tire Valve Tool (Amazon).

Thanks Santa! Stay safe on your global flight this year.

donniegood 11-24-2019 09:21 PM

Hey All!

First time doing a SS on anything other than Reddit. Super stoked to be here with you all.

I am 33 have a 5th gen (white) have a wife and 4 year old daughter along with a doodle. I just put a victory 4x4 front bumper on, still shopping for a lift thats about as far as I have made it with my mod list. I wear a 2x or 3x depending how the shirts run. Some things that are on my want list are:

Lanyards or keychains from Cruiser Gear

soft shackles no real pref I have come to

been looking at recovery gear in general (no winch yet)

anything creative honestly something you like I might, I have a pretty big like for guns and Swiss army knives and leathermans. But I love to learn new things people use.

also the super crazy item, buy me a lift?? lol I wishhhhh or a winch either or

Here is a link to my IG Donnie G (@michigan_white_t4r) • Instagram photos and videos

Joex481 11-25-2019 02:55 AM

Stoked to do this again this year. Haven't been on the forum as much this year, 4R is getting up in the miles (220k) so I've calmed down on the bigger additions, even though it is a Toyota so I'll probably still be using it 80k miles later...

I posted a bunch of stuff in my message but I'll add some more here 😁

I'm a big fan of both Toyota and BMW but I've had 3 Toyotas and no BMWs... Maybe some day... Shirt size L, I don't wear hats as often. Posters or photos would be cool. I like the new Supra a lot. Favorite modern BMW is the M4.

I'm an amateur photographer, usually sticking to landscapes & nature, I shoot with a Canon 80D and a small variety of lenses. Check out my Instagram @Joex481 ! (shameless plug, sorry)

I like camping and road trips, managed to make two camping trips this year. I haven't done any offroading, partially because of 1WD, but I did cruise around on some dirt roads in the UP this fall. I've got pretty basic stuff when it comes to camping equipment so any niche item would be cool, e.g. cast iron pan, lanterns, whatever comes to mind... Only thing I don't need or can upgrade is the camp stove as I pretty much built my drawer setup to fit it...

I'm a midwest short-course off-road fan, Crandon, Bark River, ERX, etc. Pro-lite, Pro-2 and Pro-4 trucks are my favorite, of course.

I have an HK VP9SK and M&P Shield 9mm. Recently have been getting a lot more into this hobby, it's pretty addicting. I've been meaning to get a 9mm magazine loader but haven't gotten around to it. Additional higher capacity mags for the Shield on the range would be cool too.

Lighting accessories for the 4Runner would be cool, I want to get a hood light and maybe some interior LEDs, prefer warmer temps.

Dream items would be:
ML-ACR charging relay or off-grid engineering battery bracket for a dual battery setup, or anything else related to that
Canon 24mm efs "pancake" lens
Night sights for either pistol
Laser for HK
Rooftop tent... 🤤

AdventureGirlDulcy 11-25-2019 02:19 PM

I had fun with this last year. I listed a bunch of things in my initial list but here are some more:

I am pretty easy to please so anything related to any of this stuff/topics is fine:

dogs/cats stuff (I have 2 dogs that go with me everywhere, 2 hairless cats)
Outdoors - hiking, backpacking, kayaking, camping
Teardrop trailer stuff - I have a somewhat offroad teardrop that I camp in
Toyota stuff - 5th gen, not a big fan of "girly" stuff and not really into pink, my accent color is blue, my 4R is all blacked out for the most part
Bettie Page stuff
T-shirt size is usually large or medium
sugar skull stuff

if anyone is feeling especially generous (lol), Cali Raised ditch light brackets for a 5th gen, small 2" flood pods, rear facing small 6"-8" slim (single row) lightbar (flood or spot) for Gobi mounting, small 5lb propane tank

Thanks!!

winstonrodney 11-25-2019 05:52 PM

Ooh, all the wonderful things to wish for!
I love taking my 4Runner (2007 SR5) out into the mountains to explore new trails and find hidden gems of camping spots. On a recent trip we found ourselves needing to air down significantly to get through soft sand, but I don't have a compressor (hint hint) so it was a "hold on and pray" moment.

I'd love a set of the Staun Tyre Deflators (6-30psi). And a sweet ARB compressor, but that's likely out of the realm of reality (but a guy can dream!)
An ARB tire repair kit would be a nice piece-of-mind thing to have when we're off in the boonies.
Some Maxtrax would be sweet too, to get me out of places I should have never gotten into in the first place!

I'm a sucker for cool stickers for my coolers, and fun tshirts too (XL).

Really just happy to see what creative ideas everyone comes up with! Happy Holidays to all!

gsconzert 11-26-2019 05:27 PM

Hello and Howdy!

did this last year and it was a blast!

I just got a modular panel kit for the back of my 4runner and need some good bungies to hold things tight. Love the perfect bungee line of items

Also a good fire extinguisher or Flashlight always come in handy.

I am super easy to please though, so really anything that I get I will be excited about!

Hope everyone has a great time with this