Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-topic/)
-   -   I already put my deposit on the new Tesla Cybertruck. (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-topic/279995-i-already-put-my-deposit-new-tesla-cybertruck.html)

rob_dixon 11-23-2019 02:15 PM

I already put my deposit on the new Tesla Cybertruck.

I put my deposit on the new Tesla Cybertruck.

I like the Blade runner look. I think it will grow on people.

The truck/range specs are ridiculous and it certainly resolves my two biggest issues with the 4Runner: the gas mileage sucks and it's slow.

I've always been a Tesla fanboy anyway. Driving one puts all other cars to shame.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my 4Runner, but this is a thing to behold. We'll see what pans out in 2 years!

LandCruiser 11-23-2019 03:34 PM

https://image-cdn.hypb.st/https%3A%2...&cbr=1&fit=max

Maybe if it looked like this.

Good luck on getting it in two years. Elon will probably have his factory slaves busting 20 hour shifts and hand-making parts to meet deliveries that are 18 months behind schedule.

AuSeeker 11-23-2019 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob_dixon (Post 3395703)
I put my deposit on the new Tesla Cybertruck.

I like the Blade runner look. I think it will grow on people.

The truck/range specs are ridiculous and it certainly resolves my two biggest issues with the 4Runner: the gas mileage sucks and it's slow.

I've always been a Tesla fanboy anyway. Driving one puts all other cars to shame.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my 4Runner, but this is a thing to behold. We'll see what pans out in 2 years!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LandCruiser (Post 3395741)
https://image-cdn.hypb.st/https%3A%2...&cbr=1&fit=max

Maybe if it looked like this.

Good luck on getting it in two years. Elon will probably have his factory slaves busting 20 hour shifts and hand-making parts to meet deliveries that are 18 months behind schedule.

I not a fan of the looks of this "truck" as LandCruiser eluded too....but I read that old Elon said...."Elon Musk has stated that the design will allow for full-cabin pressurization and drivability as an amphibious vehicle, and operation on Mars."....WOW talking about a road trip...Mars....I wonder if they would consider adding a optional ray gun as well :lasercannon: :jump:, while I would love to go to Mars that would be one hell of a drive and I'm not sure I'm up to it!!

LandCruiser 11-23-2019 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AuSeeker (Post 3395753)
I not a fan of the looks of this "truck" as LandCruiser eluded too....but I read that old Elon said...."Elon Musk has stated that the design will allow for full-cabin pressurization and drivability as an amphibious vehicle, and operation on Mars."....WOW talking about a road trip...Mars....I wonder if they would consider adding a optional ray gun as well :lasercannon: :jump:, while I would love to go to Mars that would be one hell of a drive and I'm not sure I'm up to it!!

https://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/asse...-large-169.jpg

mr.walleye 11-23-2019 11:20 PM

I like how it looks:girl:

FoCo-4Runner 11-24-2019 12:49 PM

Considering that the consistently have issues with the initial launch of almost everything they make, Id personally wait for the bugs to get worked out before I committed that much money. Additionally the Rivien looks a lot better with similar performance.

While Tesla’s can be ridiculously fast, and I’ve driven most of them, they have zero “soul.”

OkieMedic 11-26-2019 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoCo-4Runner (Post 3396235)

While Tesla’s can be ridiculously fast, and I’ve driven most of them, they have zero “soul.”

Neither has any Toyota product from the last 25 years.

FoCo-4Runner 11-26-2019 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OkieMedic (Post 3397588)
Neither has any Toyota product from the last 25 years.

Really?..... you may wanna go back to look at some of the cars Toyota has made in the past 25 years.

JAXJeremy 11-26-2019 09:08 AM

To each his own..personally I find it to be one of the ugliest vehicles I've ever seen..

wcjeep 11-27-2019 01:25 AM

Curios to see how the Tesla truck performs while towing. How does it super hard exterior panels react to crash protection and energy absorption.

cocojoe53 11-27-2019 01:39 AM

LOL....do you really think it will be 2 years ??? He doesn't even have a facility to build it in yet

Northern Cruiser 11-27-2019 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAXJeremy (Post 3397616)
To each his own..personally I find it to be one of the ugliest vehicles I've ever seen..

X2 :fear:

engineeer 11-27-2019 04:09 PM

I think it looks absolutely absurd, but I did pre-order one because it destroys everything on specs--also it's only a refundable $100 so why not?

I really wish they'd make an SUV variant of it as well. Someone needs to photoshop an arctic camo wrap on it.

engineeer 11-27-2019 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoCo-4Runner (Post 3396235)
Considering that the consistently have issues with the initial launch of almost everything they make, Id personally wait for the bugs to get worked out before I committed that much money. Additionally the Rivien looks a lot better with similar performance.

We have a very-shortly-after-launch Model 3 and it doesn't have any lingering issues. It had two minor issues initially: one was fixed via software update the other was a driver's side floor mat that wouldn't stay flat. Not sure what you mean by "soul" either. The Model 3 is a smooth, quiet, fast, and relatively stress-free ride and it's quite fun on twisty mountain roads. The only thing it's "lacking" is engine/exhaust noise.

The Rivian (I have a pre-order on an R1S) may look better, but its performance is nowhere near similar.

Rivian R1S/R1T at $70k (lowest spec):
4.9s 0-60
230 miles of range

Tesla CT at $70k (highest spec):
2.9s 0-60
500+ miles of range

I hope Rivian drops their price after the CT reveal because as of now the CT blows them out of the water in basically everything other than looks.

FoCo-4Runner 11-27-2019 06:12 PM

As far as Tesla’s go the they can be hit or miss. The latest issue my buddy just discovers was the his entire computer system bricked and came to find out there is an issue with the computer rewriting data to the computer and after so much data gets rewritten, the drive just dies. He was unsuccessfully in getting a replacement from Tesla and had to settle for one pulled from a totaled car. It was not cheap at all.

Granted we are in the infancy of electric vehicles so there are bound to be growing pains.

As for the Rivian, the performance is comparable to Tesla. The top end is 3 second 0-60 and 400 mile range. The Tesla will probably be slightly faster but for a Truck....who cares. Both are insane. And yes the Rivian is more money but I’ll wait until they can do a direct comparison before a cast judgement.

I just personally enjoy an exhaust note and being able to actually work on my vehicles. Maybe some day but that won’t happen anytime soon.