Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   A little buyers remorse...Rago Molle panels (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/280132-little-buyers-remorse-rago-molle-panels.html)

tpotnoc 11-27-2019 10:11 PM

A little buyers remorse...Rago Molle panels

Sort of kicking myself in the arse for pulling the trigger so quickly on the Rago panels for Black Friday. I wish I went with aluminum from someone else!! Can someone please find a way to make me feel better?

SlickTRD 11-27-2019 10:15 PM

I got the bpf ones in aluminum and they are great.

tpotnoc 11-27-2019 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickTRD (Post 3399040)

Yeah wish I went that way. Seems stupid to use steel for this

hero1234 11-27-2019 10:40 PM

I have no complaints on my steel ones. Have had them a year and all is well.

rob_dixon 11-27-2019 11:42 PM

haha, I hear you there. I got buyer's remorse...so bad I got entirely refunded. They look super cool but I realized it was a VERY expensive addon for a bunch of molli stuff i didn't even own and would have to buy as well anyway. And I realized later WTH am i doing? I don't like stuff hanging out visible anyway. Talk about a spur of the moment decision i regretted. BUT they indeed look super cool installed but not worth $250 for me anyways.

BWFBezerk 11-27-2019 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickTRD (Post 3399040)

I got those with the discount. They're amazing.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

tpotnoc 11-27-2019 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob_dixon (Post 3399091)
haha, I hear you there. I got buyer's remorse...so bad I got entirely refunded. They look super cool but I realized it was a VERY expensive addon for a bunch of molli stuff i didn't even own and would have to buy as well anyway. And I realized later WTH am i doing? I don't like stuff hanging out visible anyway. Talk about a spur of the moment decision i regretted. BUT they indeed look super cool installed but not worth $250 for me anyways.

Refunded? How did you pull that off?

rob_dixon 11-27-2019 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpotnoc (Post 3399101)
Refunded? How did you pull that off?

Good question. I ordered them at a show but they never shipped them. Crazy nice people and they acknowledged the accidental mistake on their part. But by that time, I had time to sleep on my decision and discovered other, unfortunately more expensive goodies i wanted (e.g. an OEM Audio System) and said "nevermind." If i had unlimited budget I would get them just for the cool look.

moshie 11-28-2019 08:02 AM

@tpotnoc I travel very minimalist so I don't have a lot of stuff, but I do sleep out of the 4Runner so I need everything off the floor. I do love my panels and now their shelf. Their products are really good quality.

I feel you though, I was doing the same I was kicking myself for purchasing another version that did not have such great reviews. I'm glad I chose the Rago panels.

GX4SEVEND 11-28-2019 12:41 PM

They make nice panels for sure. I only have the passenger which I bought used so I can’t complain.

Really want the shelf until I saw the price. I’m sorry but it’s almost $400 and I think that’s ridiculous for what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Azrckcrawler 11-28-2019 02:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Steel is going to be more rigid than the same thickness aluminum and from the looks of the both panels you can see the Rago cutouts are bigger and more numerous. The way these panels mount leaves a large, unsupported area so rigidity is desirable. If you plan to actually use these and load them up, steel is the way to go imo. If you are just after the look, sure, save a pound(?) and go aluminum.

My Rago panels also serve to constrain my cargo shelf side to side. The Rago panels have zero flex in them. This is one of the lighter loads. When I go out shooting I have ammo cans, tables and target stands on the upper shelf.

keyser_soze 11-28-2019 02:54 PM

Why would you want aluminum over steel? The weight difference is almost nothing. The steel is stronger and will last longer without bending. Plus Rago has great fitment and customer service.

I love my Rago panels and Raingler net, it is really nice to have all that storage without taking up cargo space for my dogs.

I will agree that Rago is a bit expensive, but it is a quality product.

GripT4R 11-28-2019 03:58 PM

How do you guys think the aluminum will bend with molle crap attached to it? Sounds to me like you are justifying the purchases you made.

Either way, aluminum or steel. Its a space saving/organizer panel that is way overpriced.

mrblah 11-28-2019 04:59 PM

i love my rago's, but seriously, buy what you like at the price point you want it. They all do the same thing.

I want my smaller, essential stuff organized and easy to access (winch controller, tire deflator, tire plug kit, first aid kit, tire plug kit, compressor hose, flashlight, tie downs, etc). You want those things accessible but still out of the way without them taking up cargo space then the panels are worth it. Also I hate clutter, and I hate rattling from storage boxes/ bins since, so to me the price is worth the squeeze.

MAST4R 11-28-2019 08:31 PM

I like the idea but not at all the prices.

A set of springs from a top brand is 150-220. I just got a set of 650lb Bilstein (Eibach) for 157. I bought two good Samsung 10" tablets for the kids for 190sh (97 a piece after tax). But a piece of perforated metal is 170?

One generally wants to pay artisanal prices for unique, special products not for things that can be easily mass produced.