Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   My New 03 4th Gen V8 (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/280214-my-new-03-4th-gen-v8.html)

ElGuapo315 11-30-2019 06:47 PM

My New 03 4th Gen V8

Guess it's time to update my signature.
New Beast - Album on Imgur

From what the previous owner remembers:
Icon rear springs and spacers
OME 3 inch fronts
Bilstein 5100s
ATX AX201 17X9 wheels
STT Pro 285s
BMC mod
Fender chop

It spent some time in PA and NY, but it's very clean. Picked it up in NC. The front cross member under the radiator needs to be replaced and the back 2 inches of the frame is rusty. Very odd, but the rest is pristine.

Engine purrs like a kitten, trans is smooth and the 4lo shifts silently.

Can't ask for more than that.

183K miles

T4R416 12-01-2019 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElGuapo315 (Post 3400625)
Guess it's time to update my signature.
New Beast - Album on Imgur

From what the previous owner remembers:
Icon rear springs and spacers
OME 3 inch fronts
Bilstein 5100s
ATX AX201 17X9 wheels
STT Pro 285s
BMC mod
Fender chop

It spent some time in PA and NY, but it's very clean. Picked it up in NC. The front cross member under the radiator needs to be replaced and the back 2 inches of the frame is rusty. Very odd, but the rest is pristine.

Engine purrs like a kitten, trans is smooth and the 4lo shifts silently.

Can't ask for more than that.

183K miles

Pics pics and more pics

wcellison 12-01-2019 09:05 AM

Beautiful ride.

ElGuapo315 12-01-2019 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T4R416 (Post 3400869)
Pics pics and more pics

Uploaded a couple more...

Syr4RinNC 12-01-2019 12:01 PM

Keep washing off that undercarriage and good luck with the storm today and tomorrow.

ElGuapo315 12-01-2019 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syr4RinNC (Post 3401064)
Keep washing off that undercarriage and good luck with the storm today and tomorrow.

Definitely with the washing! Frame and underbody have been heavily painted to seal out the salt.

No worries with the snow. Only have to go out for groceries for the week. I learned how to drive in this stuff in a 79 Cutlass. 4WD is too easy!

apohl17 12-12-2019 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElGuapo315 (Post 3401065)
Definitely with the washing! Frame and underbody have been heavily painted to seal out the salt.

No worries with the snow. Only have to go out for groceries for the week. I learned how to drive in this stuff in a 79 Cutlass. 4WD is too easy!

Just seeing your new rig now! Glad you were able to find one and sort out the details gettin' er outta state!!
Clean, looking spiffy with 33's, and the mighty V8.
Keep the updates coming :rockon:

ATX Overland 12-12-2019 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElGuapo315 (Post 3401065)

Congrats on the find! Our rigs don't look far off from each other and are pretty close in miles. Hope you have a blast this winter taking that beast out in the snow!!

From what you can tell, how's the paint held up? These Texas summers have given me some issues with clear coat flaking on plastic areas (mirrors, fenders, etc). Wondering if you've noticed the same thing on a yours.

ElGuapo315 12-14-2019 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATX Overland (Post 3408022)
Congrats on the find! Our rigs don't look far off from each other and are pretty close in miles. Hope you have a blast this winter taking that beast out in the snow!!

From what you can tell, how's the paint held up? These Texas summers have given me some issues with clear coat flaking on plastic areas (mirrors, fenders, etc). Wondering if you've noticed the same thing on a yours.

Not on mine. The Texas blast furnace is much tougher on paint than North Carolina. It does have some bumps and scrapes as well as a lift gate that's starting to rust. I'll eventually replace it and shoot the truck myself.