Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   285/70r17 on FJ 6-spoke rubbing on UCA? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/280441-285-70r17-fj-6-spoke-rubbing-uca.html)

WiscoRunner 12-07-2019 01:21 AM

285/70r17 on FJ 6-spoke rubbing on UCA?

I’ve drained a solid 83% from my phone battery searching this but to no avail, and to be honest, I’m terrible at math. So the chance of me figuring out backspacing and offset to fit a certain tire width is just not going to happen!

My question is: Will 285/70r17 BF KO2s rub my stock UCA with FJ cruiser 6-spokers that have a 15mm offset?

I’ve found one thread saying they will not rub but also a lot of other threads saying stock runner wheels WILL rub but they never state which wheels they’re using exactly.

I’m refinishing the FJ wheels so I’d like to stick with them. I’m open to spacers but I’d honestly like to keep the wheels/tires tucked inside the fenders if at all possible.

Would I be better off sticking with a 275/70? Say it ain’t so!

WiscoRunner 12-07-2019 01:32 AM

I should note: It’s lifted and I’m not as concerned about the other forms of rubbing on BM etc. Just wondering about the UCA at the moment.

Thanks again!

evan1242 12-07-2019 08:29 AM

285/70r17 on FJ 6-spoke rubbing on UCA?

https://www.willtheyfit.com

Enter in all the exact details of before and after and you will get a good idea of how it will turn out. I used this before ordered my stuff and it worked out perfect.

WiscoRunner 12-09-2019 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evan1242 (Post 3405066)
https://www.willtheyfit.com

Enter in all the exact details of before and after and you will get a good idea of how it will turn out. I used this before ordered my stuff and it worked out perfect.

Thanks for the help. That helps things make a bit more sense. If my math is correct, I should be gaining 1.5mm of spacing over my current setup when you take into consideration the change in offset of the wheels and the additional width of the new tire. I guess it'll depend now on how the sidewall of the tire sits.

evan1242 12-09-2019 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WiscoRunner (Post 3406199)
Thanks for the help. That helps things make a bit more sense. If my math is correct, I should be gaining 1.5mm of spacing over my current setup when you take into consideration the change in offset of the wheels and the additional width of the new tire. I guess it'll depend now on how the sidewall of the tire sits.

I think you should probably be fine. When I did mine I ended up with exactly the same backspace as factory (4.5”) and my 285/70/17 fit just fine.

cbelisle 12-14-2019 10:44 PM

With stock UCA's you'll need to do a body mount chop. I don't think you'll rub the UCA, although it'll be close. Maybe consider 255/80's - that's what I'm running, although I have a pretty high caster to help avoid doing the BMC.

WiscoRunner 12-16-2019 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbelisle (Post 3409348)
With stock UCA's you'll need to do a body mount chop. I don't think you'll rub the UCA, although it'll be close. Maybe consider 255/80's - that's what I'm running, although I have a pretty high caster to help avoid doing the BMC.

With a 255 and the 15 offset of the FJ wheel, do you think that would allow me to avoid the BMC? I've read a ton on it, and results seem to be all over the board. Wouldn't mind avoiding it if I can.

hinmo24t 12-16-2019 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WiscoRunner (Post 3410197)
With a 255 and the 15 offset of the FJ wheel, do you think that would allow me to avoid the BMC? I've read a ton on it, and results seem to be all over the board. Wouldn't mind avoiding it if I can.

I run that and not much rubbing at all. Maybe full lock reverse but I dont think about it

cbelisle 12-17-2019 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WiscoRunner (Post 3410197)

If you have the stock UCA's I'd say you've got a good chance of not needing to do it, but again, don't know for sure. If you're 100% against a BMC I'd stick with 32's.